Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
326 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
152 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
120 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
8 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink The Seatopians’ debut album available now!

Page 1 of 1

‘Underwater Ally’ is now available on Spotify, ITunes, Amazon, and most other streaming services. We’ll have CDs available in a week or two just in time for our west coast run of shows.

Also, you can catch us live on Radio Boise today (12 July) at 4pm MST.

-John

The Seatopians 2017-
The Seatopians on bandcamp

Looks like there's only one track up on Bandcamp, looking forward to hearing it though

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Congrats, can't wait to get it.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks guys!!

ElMonstroPorFavor, I have to figure out what to do about the cover before the whole thing goes up on BC.

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

Me neither! Just got the album from itunes, but I'd love that cover image on print. So sign me up for that.

I did not mean to type so much, but I'm home and there's a hurricane coming. Nothing to do but sit and wait and listen to a new surf record. I meant to just say nice work, but that turned into this. I should be playing with my cat pal. It’s not a full review.

Space Dragon is a pretty bold first number, almost experimental surf at times. A little frenetic with the tempo and beat changes. I really like where it goes with the riffs!

Cat From Outer Space, subversive title though - you think they want us to know that! This one feels way more traditional than the rest and made me think this was going to be more of a traditional modern surf record.

Krell Love Theme has some very cool drums. Your drummer really seems to understand the relationship with the guitar. What a relaxing tune. Pleasant. I get the love theme, but what’s Krell got to do with it? These cool riffs could have worked for a 1-4-5 song but I love that you didn’t go there. Toho Stomp also features cool riffs that could be used in a 1-4-5 way, but weren’t.

And further - your cover of Kids is exactly what I think a surf cover should be: a really awesome song that is either obscure or not surf. You adapted that song really well and I love it.

What is Laplace's Surf Demon? I live near a town in LA called LaPlace, The Place. About 35 miles outside NO. In 2011 - 2012 I recorded a tv show in that dang town. Oh yeah! My friend's mom is the mayor.

The Darkest Timeline has some great abstract parts that I'm instantly enamored with. Is there dirt on that lead in this one?

Enchanted Tiki Room, nice alternate beat. I'm a massive music snob and kind of a stickler for rhythm. Most surf to me sounds best with that 2-1-2-1 snare thing, and when it's not happening it usually distracts me. (I know, I'm a terrible listener.) The other side of that coin is when there is that beat, I'm apt to like it right away. Anyhow, you veered away in this track but dang if it's not perfectly suited to the song. The guitar really jibes with the drums, for the whole song.

I showed the cover to some band mates and they were blown away too. I really want a poster of that.

I'd say the lettuce you shelled out for the studio time was worth it. Sounds great man. I really like that it's almost exclusively originals. I must admit I am pretty sick of hearing the same old songs by different bands. This is a great example of original modern surf, with no 1-4-5 formula. The guitar tone changes from song to song I think my favorite is the cat song. I also feel more reverb would not have hurt. All the instruments sound great, my one little note on the overall production is that I would have liked to hear a little room noise! As if I were hearing the mix bounce all over the room. But that’s just me, it’s a wonderful production and very professional sounding.

We're about to get a hurricane and I dragged the 2x15 and 1x15 Showman cabs upstairs yesterday. Whew! I'm leaving the Twins down there...

Daniel Deathtide

Hi all! I am humbled by the hype of my album
cover design. I’m so glad surf fans are diggin it. Even more thrilled that people are giving so much post five feedback on the album. The guys did a terrific job making the album.
But the cover art... you guys want a poster? You got it. I’m going to talk to my printer guy this week and see what we can do. I think some nice 12” record sized prints would look great. Anyone interested in larger size? When it becomes available it’ll be on my website and I’ll let you guys know here

https://www.instagram.com/altered_state_of_reverb/

Wow, thanks for picking it up and taking the time to write about it here! I really appreciate the thorough listen and observations.

The Krell in “Krell love Theme” is a nod to The Forbidden Planet, one of my favorite movies as a kid. And the title “Laplace’s Surf Demon” is a parody of Laplace’s Demon - a thought experiment on determinism proposed on 1814.

Thanks again for taking the time to leave such great feedback! I’m happy you like it! Most of I hope you’re riding out the hurricane safely!!

DeathTide wrote:

Me neither! Just got the album from itunes, but I'd love that cover image on print. So sign me up for that.

I did not mean to type so much, but I'm home and there's a hurricane coming. Nothing to do but sit and wait and listen to a new surf record. I meant to just say nice work, but that turned into this. I should be playing with my cat pal. It’s not a full review.

Space Dragon is a pretty bold first number, almost experimental surf at times. A little frenetic with the tempo and beat changes. I really like where it goes with the riffs!

Cat From Outer Space, subversive title though - you think they want us to know that! This one feels way more traditional than the rest and made me think this was going to be more of a traditional modern surf record.

Krell Love Theme has some very cool drums. Your drummer really seems to understand the relationship with the guitar. What a relaxing tune. Pleasant. I get the love theme, but what’s Krell got to do with it? These cool riffs could have worked for a 1-4-5 song but I love that you didn’t go there. Toho Stomp also features cool riffs that could be used in a 1-4-5 way, but weren’t.

And further - your cover of Kids is exactly what I think a surf cover should be: a really awesome song that is either obscure or not surf. You adapted that song really well and I love it.

What is Laplace's Surf Demon? I live near a town in LA called LaPlace, The Place. About 35 miles outside NO. In 2011 - 2012 I recorded a tv show in that dang town. Oh yeah! My friend's mom is the mayor.

The Darkest Timeline has some great abstract parts that I'm instantly enamored with. Is there dirt on that lead in this one?

Enchanted Tiki Room, nice alternate beat. I'm a massive music snob and kind of a stickler for rhythm. Most surf to me sounds best with that 2-1-2-1 snare thing, and when it's not happening it usually distracts me. (I know, I'm a terrible listener.) The other side of that coin is when there is that beat, I'm apt to like it right away. Anyhow, you veered away in this track but dang if it's not perfectly suited to the song. The guitar really jibes with the drums, for the whole song.

I showed the cover to some band mates and they were blown away too. I really want a poster of that.

I'd say the lettuce you shelled out for the studio time was worth it. Sounds great man. I really like that it's almost exclusively originals. I must admit I am pretty sick of hearing the same old songs by different bands. This is a great example of original modern surf, with no 1-4-5 formula. The guitar tone changes from song to song I think my favorite is the cat song. I also feel more reverb would not have hurt. All the instruments sound great, my one little note on the overall production is that I would have liked to hear a little room noise! As if I were hearing the mix bounce all over the room. But that’s just me, it’s a wonderful production and very professional sounding.

We're about to get a hurricane and I dragged the 2x15 and 1x15 Showman cabs upstairs yesterday. Whew! I'm leaving the Twins down there...

-John

The Seatopians 2017-

Last edited: Jul 13, 2019 09:47:38

Sounds great Cool

More on

The Seatopians (Idaho USA) - page 3
World Surf Bands - Home page - Video Links threads
https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/31764/?page=3

Thanks Sam!!

-John

The Seatopians 2017-