Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink POD 2.0 questions

Page 1 of 1

Well gentlemen and lovely ladies before decamping N.J. for my new home in the hills of SW Virginia I purchased a "Like New" POD 2.0 unit by Line 6 for a whopping $30 at a garage sale. The unit needed an A/C adapter which I picked up online (new) for a great price and while I was at it I also bought a six (6) foot cable which will allow me to connect the POD to either of my laptop computers (both ASUS X54's a 2008 & a 2018). This is the "full-size" POD and I've just began experimenting with it and have a few questions.

I've read POD users create and share "presets" it's something I'm totally unfamiliar with, but are there presets that will allow me to get that "surf drip" we are all searching for? What other presets are there that I can download for playing "surf" tunes? Where/what is the best resource for them? Are they free or are there costs associated with obtaining a preset?

Is there anything else I should know about using the POD 2.0 (I'm aware it's an early unit). As for my needs and ability, at best I'm an intermediate guitar player and that's being generous.......more like an advanced beginner but at fifty-five and with some time on my hands coming up (I'll be having hernia surgery in a few weeks) I hope to get in more practice.

As for amps to use with the POD 2.0 unit I now have three (3), a Hartke G15R and TWO (2), count them TWO (2) Crate GT80DSPs (the Crate GT80DSP is a model that is both tube and solid state with 12AU7/12AX7 tubes).

The second GT80DSP I picked up last Saturday for the princely sum of fifty dollars ($50 USD). The reason the second Crate GT80DSP was so cheap was even though it's in great shape cosmetically and electronically in general (the speaker looks fantastic same with the tubes), it's missing one knob but the main issue was two (2) of the input jack prongs had come loose from the green circuit board causing loss of signal and nasty noises when touched. I wanted something to work on and figured how could I go wrong and it was/is an amp I'm familiar with.

I cleaned the amp inside and out the night I bought it vacuuming out some cat and dog hair then set to work on the input jack. While I had the amp apart I also cleaned the pots (they didn't need it but I figured I had it disassembled so I might as well do them). It was my first amp repair, ever. It took longer to clean the amp and to disassemble it to access the circuit board than to solder the two prongs. The amp now works like new and of course like it's sister it has that thirty-one (31) selections of digital reverb effects (no reverb tank in the Crate GT80DSP.

Any guidance on using the POD 2.0 will be appreciated....the online manual reads like jibberish to me.......many terms used in it are foreign and it seems the unit is far more complicated and capable of much more than I'll ever be able to use. I plan on getting some use out of it, the POD, and have begun watching "users" YouTube videos.....I'1l have to find some of the manufacturers ones.

Last edited: Jul 03, 2019 20:35:20

Page 1 of 1