Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
118 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Boy, Do I Miss the Coast!

Page 1 of 1

I grew up in the SF Bay Area and went to college up in Eureka before I left for the Sonora Desert and points east before landing in Fort Collins, CO about 27 years ago. When I was in High School, our escape was the beaches along the Sam Mateo County coast, mostly Pescadero beach. No we didn't surf there, but we had the ocean in our souls.

Today I was doing some planning for a trip later in the summer to visit friends and family in Northern California. As I looked at the maps, it triggered lots of good memories and adventures with good friends.

Anyway I got a little home sick.

Do any of you live near the ocean? Do you surf? Do you wish you did or did you ever? It's hard for me to separate the music from the environment. Just curious about others.

All opinions expressed by this poster are well thought out and based on actual experience and/or scientific experimentation, except for those which are knee-jerk reactions or good sounding fantasies.

Hi Pablomago,
I don't surf, but I wish I did. The logistics are just too hard in the Bay Area. I did go once down in SoCal with Whorehay and really enjoyed it. When you do come out, hit us up and we'll let you know of any surf music gigs happening. Cheers

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

My wife and I both grew up on the SoCal coast. Started surfing in my early teens and still go a few times a year. I never realized how much I took it for granted until we got married and bought a house about three miles inland. After a few years we both realized we needed to get back to where we could see the water! It took nine years until we managed to do it and I'm never moving again. The view and ocean breezes help keep me sane Big Grin

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

I lived 6 blocks from the beach in Santa Monica for about 20 years, and miss it a lot. I took a work transfer to San Jose in '95. I love the Bay Area, but I'd sure like to get close to the ocean. I'm hoping that maybe I can move to Santa Cruz, fairly soon.

Bob

i grew up in cocoa beach, florida and moved to the outer banks of north carolina 42 years ago. i've never lived more than a mile from the beach. i do surf.

www.surfintheeye.com

Page 1 of 1