Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Nitzsche’s Last Race

Page 1 of 1

Hi
Can anybody direct me to a better sounding version of Jack Nitzsche’s Last Race? I want to hear the original version and not the one used in Tarantino’s Death Proof

Last Race

Here you go:

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Thanks for posting that Klas. I don’t think I’ve ever heard that before. Nitzche really liked the Bass VI, as do I, and it’s role in that song is perfect.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Thank you, but this is also a different version of the song than what I am looking for. I guess the one you posted is the original?
The guitar seems to be playing in another key (or maybe the vinyl in the rip I posted was playing slower?), and the string arrangement is different. The one I am looking for was possible the one used in Village of the Giants

Klas!!!! Cheers

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Edit: that was already in the original post. Seems like they slowed down the original (or one of the takes).

The Scimitars

Last edited: Feb 21, 2019 22:11:04

And with the movie scene...

The Scimitars

And as a bonus, here's Surf Finger

The Scimitars

I only know of two versions; the original single and the movie version used for Village Of The Giants. Never had heard the Death Proof version but it appears to be the same as the original single. Since the Village Of The Giants version is in Ayacombe's first post, I assumed that he was looking for the single version.

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Brian wrote:

Klas!!!! Cheers

Brian!!!

T H E ✠ S U R F I T E S

Thank you all for your comments.
It must be the movie version I am looking for, since the Death Proof version and the single are very similar. Does anybody know whether or not it is available in a good quality version online?

Page 1 of 1