Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink DICK DALE HOSPITALIZED

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next

Best wishes for recovery.

http://tunefan.com
http://www.youtube.com/tunefan

Good luck Dick, we're all pullin' for ya'!

Praying for you, Dick! Get well soon.

Here's my keepsake ticket, almost 55 years later than TuneFan's...

I'll be checking back for updates, fingers crossed for good recovery.

Tunefan! Is that your stub from 1964!!! Wow!

Get well soon Dick! We are all pulling for you!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian wrote:

Tunefan! Is that your stub from 1964!!! Wow!

I have the stub, and Dick signed it, but was not at POP Dick Dale night (wish I was).

Get well soon Dick! We are all pulling for you!

That's for sure.

http://tunefan.com
http://www.youtube.com/tunefan

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019 08:30:58

UPDATE:

On Thursday night Dick was being scheduled for bypass surgery to commence the beginning of this week. That was cancelled yesterday and in its place angioplasty surgery. Well, that went on hold today because of Dick's age and other medical issues.

He has urine back-up around the kidneys plus bleeding from the anus as result of a prostrate problem, so those issues are causing another dilemma which interferes with any surgery plans.

It looks like he will be hospitalized for at least another week. Please don't ask which hospital he is at because he does not want visitors. The man is weak. JD

Thanks for the update. We wish him the best.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

My very best go out to Dick Dale and his immediately family, and to all of those who played with him over the years. I join countless others worldwide, in wishing him the very best, and God-willing, a speedy recovery from all of this. Getting old is no fun.

At 67-years of age myself now, growing-up in southern California in the 60's, I fondly remember hearing most of the instrumental surf greats of the time on my handheld (AM) transistor radio, particularly the Ventures, the Lively Ones and Dick Dale & His Deltones. Just "fantastic" memories.

Fast-forward nearly 40-years to the year 2000/01, and I happened to see Dick perform live for my first time at the Cajun House in Scottsdale, Arizona. On average, the crowd was a bit younger than me, and some other 'vintage' listeners that were there including my friends, but it didn't really matter much to anyone. We all had a ball, and I was stoned "deaf" for a full week afterwards - NOT an exaggeration! It was an absolute "wall" of sound that literally shook you to your teeth. Like seeing The Doors perform live in '68, or Van Morrison in '69, its something I'll remember always.

Thank you, Dick! Thank you for the music and for the fine memories. You can rest assured that we're ALL pulling for you my-friend. Godspeed to the King!

P.S.- And did I mention that I almost drowned several times in my teens, while body-surfing at the infamous "Wedge"? Dick did it justice. Place was a death-trap!

"Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it." - Boris the Blade

Last edited: Feb 18, 2019 19:16:36

Ringo wrote:

My very best go out to Dick Dale and his immediately family, and to all of those who played with him over the years. I join countless others worldwide, in wishing him the very best, and God-willing, a speedy recovery from all of this. Getting old is no fun.

At 67-years of age myself now, growing-up in southern California in the 60's, I fondly remember hearing most of the instrumental surf greats of the time on my handheld (AM) transistor radio, particularly the Ventures, the Lively Ones and Dick Dale & His Deltones. Just "fantastic" memories.

Fast-forward nearly 40-years to the year 2000/01, and I happened to see Dick perform live for my first time at the Cajun House in Scottsdale, Arizona. On average, the crowd was a bit younger than me, and some other 'vintage' listeners that were there including my friends, but it didn't really matter much to anyone. We all had a ball, and I was stoned "deaf" for a full week afterwards - NOT an exaggeration! It was an absolute "wall" of sound that literally shook you to your teeth. Like seeing The Doors perform live in '68, or Van Morrison in '69, its something I'll remember always.

Thank you, Dick! Thank you for the music and for the fine memories. You can rest assured that we're ALL pulling for you my-friend. Godspeed to the King!

Beautifully said, Ringo. I couldn't imagine saying it better, so I'll jump in here to echo what you said. Dick, we are all pulling for you, and wishing you a speedy recovery. Thank you for all the wonderful surf music that we cherish so much.

-Tim
MyYouTubeChannel
My Classic Instrumental Surf Music Timeline
SSS Agent #777

^ What he said Cool

Hang in there DD - were all thinking of you.

SPF4 was originally conceived after our two guitar players saw DD in Northampton, MA at the Iron Horse in the early 2000's. Rob and Dave said to each other 'we need to start a surf band' and that happened April 4. 2004. Fast forward to 2006 when we opened for him there for the first time. (that was where I also met Vinnie O from Surf Squad) We've had the pleasure of opening for DD pretty much every year since (he took a couple years off between then and now, as you know), and have gotten to know Sam, Jerry, Lana and the varying road crew guys over the years. It's always our most anticipated show of the year and he always plays to a packed house. He's inspired countless people over the years - musician or not - to be the best they can be. Hang tough, DD, we know you can beat this too.

http://spf-4.com

-SPF4 on Facebook-

FEBRUARY 21 UPDATE:

Dick was released yesterday from the ICU/Trauma Center under strict medical observation. He is loaded up with meds, so, he is spending a lot of time in bed.

He likely will be heading back to the hospital shortly for bypass surgery, among other surgeries, so, he is not a happy camper about that.

A few surgeries won't keep the King down long, but he will be taking it easy for a while to get his energy ready for his next trip to the operating table.

Glad to hear he’s out.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

That's 'awesome' news! Glad to hear that he's at least able to head home for a spell. I'm sure he needs it. Hospitals blow! But hopefully, his next stay there will be even shorter. Hang-in there, Compadre! We're all rootin' for you out here.

"Heavy is good. Heavy is reliable. If it doesn't work, you can always hit them with it." - Boris the Blade

Lana Dale posted an update yesterday

I am sad to tell you that I will have to Cancel our Dick Dale NE tour to Boston for August 2019 this year. DD's Health is again taking a turn. I will assure you i will do everything again to keep him alive and on this earth as Dick is my Life!
It is very Important that you all Please say prayers as my husband Rock Music Legend Dick Dale is again battling some more issues due to his Heart Failure.
I mentioned to you last week that Dick now has a pacemaker and may perhaps have to have a stent put in and possibly a Valve as well but they are not sure at this point if and when they will do the stent and the valve.

Also their dog and her mother aren't doing well Sad

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=782265088812734&id=100010877497980

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Boo. Cry Thanks for the info, Hunter.

'Rage, RAGE against the dying of the light ... do NOT go gently into that great good night.'

All thoughts, prayers and well-wishes to Dick Dale and his family.

Last edited: Feb 28, 2019 12:36:24

Awl even his dog is sick Mad when it rains it poor's I guess

DD is a tough cat, the rate he's going he might be the first bionic surfer dude someday with all the drive he has. Long live The King

I had health issues myself - it's no cakewalk getting old I can tell you that much. But being 82 and still want to perform is amazing to me.

Thoughts for everyone involved. Get well soon DD

Wow! You are privy to quick information. I shall presume you know what happened very early Wednesday morning.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 Next