Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Surf Music LP (vinyl) score

Page 1 of 1

Check it out beeatches look at what I scored today in an antique store in the surf haven of Hillsville Va. (LOL!), an original vinyl copy of........wait for it.............. The Ventures "Surfing", "in stereo" of course. Cost? A whopping, wallet breaking $1.00 USD.

Song list:

Pipeline

Diamonds

Surf Rider

Windy & Warm

The Heavies

The Ninth Wave

Barefoot Venture

Changing Tides

The Lonely Sea

Cruncher

Party In Laguna

Ten Over

....... and for those who follow my posts I haven't been on here much or on any website for that matter as I've been busy relocating from NW N.J. (about 50 miles & an hour outside NYC) to south western/south central Virginia. Hopefully when all settles down and I get the things on my "To Do" list done I'll have more time to post here.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2019 21:46:40

Such a great cover and album. What condition is the vinyl? Mine is completely trashed; I should find a better copy...

Daniel Deathtide

DeathTide wrote:

Such a great cover and album. What condition is the vinyl? Mine is completely trashed; I should find a better copy...

Though it was missing the inner sleeve (I got the seller to toss one in from another disc) the album is in great shape, it just had some mildew on the plastic which cleaned up quickly with Dawn dish washing detergent. I wiped the album cover inside and out and new sleeve with Fantastic and let them dry overnight.

I can't wait to listen to it, I haven't and don't have the means to at the moment. Having just moved I haven't the spare time to set up the rack system yet (even if I did I left the turntable with my ex-girlfriend). I've been shopping for a replacement for the past three days (before buying The Ventures album).

Oh as if this score wasn't enough to satiate my "surf" and "strings" (guitar) jonesing tonight while attending a country auction hoping to pick up some badly needed living room furniture I nabbed a Kent Electric Bass circa late 1960's/early-mid 1970's with a Fender shaped headstock. It seems to be more of a Bronco-sized bass and never having owned one never mind played one I have my work cut out for me. It has a cracked pickguard, missing input jack and pots in addition to two of tuning keys (not the tuning machines/gears) missing in action. The rest of the bass guitar seems to be in rather good but dirty shape and it came with a full-sized hardshell case from that era (not a chipboard one).

I got a lot of old records from a Goodwill reclamation center near me in about 2014 - Had a few Ventures and Beach Boys etc . . Its the last stop before the crusher or dump. I got a lot of 50's singles too . .I have like 3000 LPs and 45's - most I got from there or places like that.

Surfing_Sam_61 wrote:

I got a lot of old records from a Goodwill reclamation center near me in about 2014 - Had a few Ventures and Beach Boys etc . . Its the last stop before the crusher or dump. I got a lot of 50's singles too . .I have like 3000 LPs and 45's - most I got from there or places like that.

Great score....better to preserve them and possibly pass them on to someone who will appreciate them when you're gone than see them lost forever.

You guys are gonna want to know what's going on here.

I picked up TWO (2), yes two more Ventures albums here in the surf/surf music/beach/sun & sand haven of SW Virginia Laughing

First up is "Golden Greats" by The Ventures with then-model, soon-to-be Playboy Playmate, and Vietnam War USO entertainer Chris (Christine) Cranston (born Santa Monica Ca.) cousin of Breaking Bad "star" and general Hollyweird d-bag Brian Cranston.

The next album find is "Go with The Ventures" a disc of covers includes tunes such as These Boots Are Made For Walking, Eight Miles High, California Dreamin' etc.

There is a third album, the name slips me tonight, only the vinyl, no inner sleeve or album cover.

Photos to come soon

Oh and the no turntable dilemma has been solved...... the fiancee' ordered one from Best Buy, it's a Sony with software to allow downloading to MP3/CD disc. I added the turntable to my rack system, all circa 1994 Onkyo pieces, a 6 disc CD player, dual cassette deck, stereo receiver, and now the Sony turntable, set it up completely Sunday night and hooked everything up to the new Polk Audio bookshelf speakers with 16 ga. speaker wire.

The result of my efforts? SWEET MUSIC!

ALL is now right with MY world!

One of my favorite tunes that played in rotation that night?

"(It's A) Dead Man's Party" by Oingo Boingo

Last edited: Jun 13, 2019 00:50:19

Page 1 of 1