Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
326 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
152 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
8 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Bf bassman for bass?

Page 1 of 1

For my recording rig: does anyone here use a bf bassman for playing bass? I have one I use for guitar. Been thinking it'd give me a good surf/less modern bass tone for surf stuff as well.

Guitarist for Black Valley Moon & Down By Law

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 14:16:27

I plugged a 4x10 8-ohm Eden bass cab into a ‘64 Showman and it sounded huge and awesome.

Daniel Deathtide

If you're talking about using the 2nd instrument input for bass, it might work. As to the "Bass" input on that amp, I had a bass player a couple of light-years ago that tried that and it sounded horrid with his P-bass, through almost any cab.* The other input might sound ok, though.

• He went looking for an Ampeg after I "stole" that Bassman head from him for $100, in the wish I still had it category, lol.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 14:18:08

I want a brownface Showman also!

Daniel Deathtide

If anyone is interested I have a blonde/oxblood '62 Dual Showman that is set up for bass with E-V 15BX 400 watt speakers. The head has been serviced by Jeff Andrews (Andrews Amp Lab) with new caps and has been upgraded with a 3-prong grounded cord for safety. Covers for the head and cabinet are included. SOLD

The only catch is that it is too heavy and expensive to ship, so local Atlanta area pickup only. Here are a couple of pictures, the bass is not included. Smile

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Last edited: Dec 27, 2018 17:27:28

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 14:18:15

CAUTION: Detour ahead! ROTFL

Woody, you rascal you. Nice. Big Grin

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

WoodyJ wrote:

If anyone is interested I have a blonde/oxblood '62 Dual Showman that is set up for bass with E-V 15BX 400 watt speakers. The head has been serviced by Jeff Andrews (Andrews Amp Lab) with new caps and has been upgraded with a 3-prong grounded cord for safety. Covers for the head and cabinet are included. The firm price is $2,200 which is a bargain for what it is.

The only catch is that it is too heavy and expensive to ship, so local Atlanta area pickup only. Here are a couple of pictures, the bass is not included. Smile

PM sent.

Daniel Deathtide

PM replied

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018 20:12:47