Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
321 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
249 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
249 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
147 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
115 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
109 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
70 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
3 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
3 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Hall of Fame reverb pedal with the "Fats Verb" anyone?

Page 1 of 1

Anyone using a Hall of Fame reverb pedal with the "Fats Verb" tone print? I'm considering a HOF with that tone print.

I’ve had at least 3 Topanga's, 3 FRV1, 1 Flint, 1 Oceans 11, 2 reissue reverb units and a ’64 Reverb unit that I miss dearly.

I’m not a surf player but love that 6G15 style reverb tone.

Lot's of people hate the HOF, but I've had a bunch of other verb pedals that all have their +/-'s especially live.

Last edited: Nov 09, 2018 10:27:26

its saved to my favorites, but it's not one I regularly use for spot on spring. IMO, they don't have a really ideal spring toneprint. I think I normally just use the lo-fi spring or something like that.

I uploaded this last night for fun.
It’s kind of non-descript. Not offensive or awesome in any way.

Chippertheripper wrote:

I uploaded this last night for fun.
It’s kind of non-descript. Not offensive or awesome in any way.

Sounds blah then and really not useful reverb. I'm trying to decided between True Spring or another Topanga.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2018 10:41:17

The topanga did nothing for me.
I’ve yet to noodle around with the TS, but it’s on my list. I need to blow the dust off the surfybear unit too, possibly get it housed with the trem kit as well.

Chippertheripper wrote:

The topanga did nothing for me.
I’ve yet to noodle around with the TS, but it’s on my list. I need to blow the dust off the surfybear unit too, possibly get it housed with the trem kit as well.

I hear you on the Topanga, I've had 3 and sold them all within a month (each time) I wanted to love it but never did, i don't know what it was but it was something that didn't jive. The Boss FRV1 was more authentic to me than the Topanga but was kind of shrill/tinny/bright. Maybe there's a reason i sold the Topanga 3 times. For that reason alone, I should try a True Spring.

Page 1 of 1