Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Source Audio True Spring pedal . . . Sounds promising to me!

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Have you seen/heard about this 'verb/trem pedal from Source Audio?

I thought the 'drip' that starts around 2:35 sounded pretty good for a pedal.

I'm wondering if this will be a Strymon Flint killer?

It looks like it's priced at $229.

It's apparently getting some attention... see this post by SixStringSurfer just yesterday in the "Ventris Dual Reverb Pedal" thread in this same section, just under your new post:

https://surfguitar101.com/forums/topic/30479/?page=5

Member in good standing, Mentone Beach Syncopation Reverberation Association

Last edited: Oct 03, 2018 14:19:39

WANT!

Seriously, Source Audio makes great stuff. I have a Vertigo tremolo which is fantastic. I had a Ventris verb pedal, but it was too complex for me. I definitely want to check out this pedal.

Last edited: Oct 03, 2018 16:04:49

I just got their Nemesis delay pedal a few weeks ago and have been quite pleased. Though having spent the $$ on that pedal means I’ll have to wait on the True Spring a little while. So I’m counting on some of you to take the plunge. ;)

Uh oh. The weird, artificial decay heard on this demo video worries me.

I'm sure it's something that wouldn't really be noticeable with a band, but with the guitar on its own it sounds wrong. It trails on too long and instead sounds more like a delay pedal.

Again, I just notice it in the above-linked video, not the other two demo videos on the SA site . . . so maybe it isn't so pronounced in person?

Sounds pretty good to me. Looking forward to seeing/hearing a shootout with other pedals and a real outboard tank.

Got one. It's really really good so far... The tone knob is very subtle, as is the dwell. I need to download the software to see all the editable parameters but honestly it is super impressive with the default settings. The trem feature sounds amazing too but still learning how to work with it as it involves holding down a "control" button etc. I A/B'd it with the Topanga and in my opinion the True Spring is more realistic and toneful. Also compared it to my '64 outboard unit and the unit is definitely way brighter. This pedal may sound better live if you switch between amp reverb and unit reverb as it doesn't change the overall tone as much. CooL era to be a surf guitarist!

Robbin Henley (Men in Grey Suits HONOLULU)

https://www.facebook.com/Men-In-Grey-Suits-207897529235582/

www.meningreysuits.com

Last edited: Oct 07, 2018 02:08:13

if you have the pedal on with both verb and trem, and use the foot switch to bypass it, and then turn it back on, does it come on again as you left it, with both the verb and trem on, or do you then have to go back to the control switch and turn the trem back on and set it all over again?

Chippertheripper wrote:

if you have the pedal on with both verb and trem, and use the foot switch to bypass it, and then turn it back on, does it come on again as you left it, with both the verb and trem on, or do you then have to go back to the control switch and turn the trem back on and set it all over again?

That is my definition of a great question. Enquiring minds want to know, including my mind.

I have to say, this pedal is making my left arm twitch in the direction of my Visa card. Smile

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

Chippertheripper wrote:

If you have a tremolo dialed in and bypass the True Spring then engage it without moving the toggle switch, it will re-engage with the tremolo still pulsing. Hey, I work for Source Audio, if anybody has any questions about the pedal feel free to private message me or reply here. I don't know if the SG101 moderators frown upon gear companies getting on here to talk about their gear - I apologize if it's an issue. We definitely built the TANK engine in this pedal with surf guitarists in mind, so we need to hear what y'all think. Thanks.

I work at Source Audio, the effects pedal company out of Boston, MA.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2018 14:23:22

theluckyjackson wrote:

Chippertheripper wrote:

If you have a tremolo dialed in and bypass the True Spring then engage it without moving the toggle switch, it will re-engage with the tremolo still pulsing. Hey, I work for Source Audio, if anybody has any questions about the pedal feel free to private message me or reply here. I don't know if the SF1010 moderators frown upon gear companies getting on here to talk about their gear - I apologize if it's an issue. We definitely built the TANK engine in this pedal with surf guitarists in mind, so we need to hear what y'all think. Thanks.

If anyone on the net is going to pummel you guys for not enough, or not the perfect drip, it's sg101. I'm close enough geographically to get a personal true spring for dummies, if I really needed it. My personal requirements aren't as stringent as some of the more discerning guitarists here, as far as the drip goes, but I would like to set the thing up a certain way, and have it remain that way every time I plug it in. Both the verb an trem are always on for me and I like it best with the trem going into the reverb.

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 14:59:00

Chippertheripper wrote:

theluckyjackson wrote:

Chippertheripper wrote:

If you have a tremolo dialed in and bypass the True Spring then engage it without moving the toggle switch, it will re-engage with the tremolo still pulsing. Hey, I work for Source Audio, if anybody has any questions about the pedal feel free to private message me or reply here. I don't know if the SF1010 moderators frown upon gear companies getting on here to talk about their gear - I apologize if it's an issue. We definitely built the TANK engine in this pedal with surf guitarists in mind, so we need to hear what y'all think. Thanks.

If anyone on the net is going to pummel you guys for not enough, or not the perfect drip, it's sg101. I'm close enough geographically to get a personal true spring for dummies, if I really needed it. My personal requirements aren't as stringent as some of the more discerning guitarists here, as far as the drip goes, but I would like to set the thing up a certain way, and have it remain that way every time I plug it in. Both the verb an trem are always on for me and I like it best with the trem going into the reverb.

Let me answer your question with a little more clarity than i did in my last post. With the Neuro Mobile App you can edit the True Spring Reverb to do exactly what you need it to do. You can set up the Depth and Rate of the tremolo (and the type of tremolo) for each of the three toggle switch positions. So whenever you switch to your programmed toggle switch position, it either will or will not have an audible tremolo upon engagement. You can also use an external Tap Switch to independently engage or bypass the tremolo. And yes, you can also set the tremolo before or after the reverb tank in the pedal's internal signal chain.

I work at Source Audio, the effects pedal company out of Boston, MA.

Cheers.

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 14:52:14

The o11's spring sound is fantastic, no denying that.
Ry hints here about doing a direct one to one between the two.

But, for the technologically challenged, this is how you use SA's app apparently, although he stopped short of what I want the pedal to do, it certainly is less intimidating than straight up programming something.

Thanks for posting this video, interesting what he said at the very end. As some of you already know, I bought and returned my TSR pedal and purchased an Oceans instead. I am very pleased with the Oceans, as it gets the closest I have ever heard in a pedal.

The TSR is a fine pedal with a lot of user friendly options, it's also a lot better built than the Oceans. Having said that, the TSR just doesn't drip like the Oceans does. Just my opinion, would love to hear other peoples thoughts as well.

MooreLoud.com - A tribute to Dick Dale.

There has to be a way to increase drip using the Neuro app settings no??

Robbin Henley (Men in Grey Suits HONOLULU)

https://www.facebook.com/Men-In-Grey-Suits-207897529235582/

www.meningreysuits.com

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 14:52:32

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Thanks for posting this video, interesting what he said at the very end. As some of you already know, I bought and returned my TSR pedal and purchased an Oceans instead. I am very pleased with the Oceans, as it gets the closest I have ever heard in a pedal.

The TSR is a fine pedal with a lot of user friendly options, it's also a lot better built than the Oceans. Having said that, the TSR just doesn't drip like the Oceans does. Just my opinion, would love to hear other peoples thoughts as well.

Really surprised to hear this. Was it just something in the drip, or where there other reasons for going with the O11? What did you think of the tremolo on the TSR?

Really intrigued to see more TSR vs O11 comparisons give how expensive the difference is (especially here in the UK, as already pointed out). I was really surprised by the 011, but the linear, "plastic" decay is a little exasperating. Super smooth, but like I say, "plastic" for want of a better word. It can feel... weird. Not so much with the Spring, but definitely with the Plate, despite how nice it sounds. Plus the O11 can be a little tricky to dial in.

Also interested in a Surfy Bear tremolo vs TSR tremolo. Surfy is my favourite trem, but if I could get those exact tones in a compact pedal with a high quality reverb that hopefully sounds a little more natural than the O11, I'd be quite tempted.

Goto Page: 1 2 Next