SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Shoutbox

surfinjohnnyq: howdy kats .. I have not checked in in a while... still verbolishous !!
92 days ago

Brian: Thank you Linda, all the best to you.
89 days ago

Brian: Hello Johnny!
89 days ago

Tqi: Is it morally acceptable to use a Radial capacitor in a 1960 amp design?
87 days ago

synchro: TQI, morality is a huge question and capacitors a deep subject. I say do it and don't tell anyone. Smile
77 days ago

bigtikidude: 2018 SG101 convention,
49 days ago

bigtikidude: Who's coming ?
49 days ago

bigtikidude: https://surf...
49 days ago

Clint: I started a YouTube channel: “Surf Music Videos”. https://www.... Hit me up with your favorite “surf” videos and I add them to the list. Thanks!
48 days ago

Tqi: Synchro, I managed to squeeze the Axial's in. Still working on how to lay them out next to the pots though.
37 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

50%

50%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink MAJOR ANNOUNCEMENT: "Reverb Nation: Live at the 2017 Surf Guitar 101 Convention

Page 1 of 1

Last year's SG101 Convention, as many of you know, was professionally recorded by THREE-TIME Grammy Award winning producer and engineer, Mark Linett. He mixed and produced 27 tracks by 15 bands that are represented on "Reverb Nation: Live at the 2017 Surf Guitar 101 Convention." The CD will arrive in time for this year's Convention on August 4.

"Reverb Nation" is an amazing collection of tracks that serves as much more than a nice memento of last year's event for those who were there. This CD presents some of the best contemporary instrumental surf music in a well-designed package (from our own Duff Paulsen), with wide distribution that hopefully will reach the ears of the non-initiated around the country and world. The hope is that this will act as a digital "ambassador" of sorts to help bring more into the fold. Having Mark Linett directly involved is a BIG plus for SG101, the Convention, and the music in general.

The official street date is August 7, but I believe the CD will be available on Amazon a few days before the Convention. After August 7, it will be available pretty much everywhere.

The CD is being released by Entree Records, a division of Sierra Records (the company that released the latest record from Chris Hillman last year). The SRP will be $17.98. CDs sold at the Convention are expected to have a special price of $12. After the Convention, I'll have them for sale at $15 on my website and eBay.

This is BIG, everybody. Please help promote this release however you can.

www.johnblair.us
www.soundofthesurf.com

Last edited: Jul 06, 2018 14:29:59

Thank you for all your help and work on this John.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Excellent! Looking forward to purchasing a copy at the Convention (along with many other recent stellar surf releases). The Huntington Cads and the Dynotones are not included on the CD?

Last edited: Jul 06, 2018 15:33:21

No, they chose not to be included.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Great news. Glad it all worked out, I know a lot of effort went in to make this happen. Fingers crossed it'll open up new doors for our genre.

Danny Snyder

aka Mycroft Eloi of The TomorrowMen
aka Shecky Shekels of Meshugga Beach Party

Please check out our latest album FUTOURISM, it's a deluxe box set with original artwork from 10 artists and a bonus download sticker.

GREAT news!!! Thanks, John!

Bob

Page 1 of 1