SG101 on the Web

Follow SurfGuitar101 on Twitter

Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

surfinjohnnyq: howdy kats .. I have not checked in in a while... still verbolishous !!
68 days ago

Brian: Thank you Linda, all the best to you.
64 days ago

Brian: Hello Johnny!
64 days ago

Tqi: Is it morally acceptable to use a Radial capacitor in a 1960 amp design?
63 days ago

synchro: TQI, morality is a huge question and capacitors a deep subject. I say do it and don't tell anyone. Smile
52 days ago

bigtikidude: 2018 SG101 convention,
24 days ago

bigtikidude: Who's coming ?
24 days ago

bigtikidude: https://surf...
24 days ago

Clint: I started a YouTube channel: “Surf Music Videos”. https://www.... Hit me up with your favorite “surf” videos and I add them to the list. Thanks!
24 days ago

Tqi: Synchro, I managed to squeeze the Axial's in. Still working on how to lay them out next to the pots though.
12 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

60%

60%

Donate Now

SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink 66 showman blond combo 'the abominable showman'

Page 1 of 1

Showing off my new rig ;)

Shes a 66 blackface showman that ive squeezed into a 12' combo
the speaker is an emi lil' texas neo

the amp is in really great original condition. the only replacement components are some silver mica caps and a tremolo cut switch mod

The sound from the vibrato channel with the trem cut and v1 removed is absolutely stunning. this speaker is now well broken in. I was a little nervous about the neo at first as it weighs next to nothing...but it sounds great! And it makes the weight of the combo manageable.

Big shout out to Live Sound in auckland for doing such a great job on the cab/grill

Looks great! Play us a sound clip when you get a chance. Cool

Guitar player for The Driptones surf band.
https://www.driptones.com/

Shell pink?

Tailrocker wrote:

Shell pink?

And if not, WHY NOT!?

Wink

SixStringSurfer wrote:

Looks great! Play us a sound clip when you get a chance. Cool

Thanks
Im out of town right now (actually at an incredible surf spot...but for work reasons). Ill try and get some clips this weekend. Sounding sweet with a new compliment of silver mica caps and some fresh toobs.

Tailrocker wrote:

Shell pink?

Certainly is Smile
2000 'Yamono' AVRI JM

Looks cool, amp and guitar both!

How does the Lil' Texas handle surf music? Does it break up fairly early or does it stay clean later?

dannylectro wrote:

How does the Lil' Texas handle surf music? Does it break up fairly early or does it stay clean later?

Ive been totally blown away by the lil texas. It has 150watt power handling, and its a neo. Those are what drew me towards it for the showman. But i wasnt expeccting a whole lot from it overall. However ive found it great. good bass response, mellow mids and plenty of top. Im not detecting much speaker break up at all at any volumes I would run the amp at. AND thats with v1 removed, trem off switch both boosting preamp gain.
Great speaker

Pihabeach82 wrote:

It's gorgeous.

I had a cheap shell pink Affinity that was going to be 'the one strat I keep' in my current clear out, but the strap I had on it somehow managed to ruin the finish; something I've never seen happen on a polyurethane body before.

Page 1 of 1