Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Which amp would you use?

Page 1 of 1

All amps would be accompanied by a fender ri reverb, and a slap back delay pedal of some sort.

1976 twin (pre ultra linear)
1976 super reverb (also pre ultra linear)
1970 pro reverb
1967 bf bassman head

The bassman seems like the obvious answer. But my problem is that each of these would need a little modifying to get to where I’d want them. The super would have to be blackfaced. Probably the twin as well. The bassman actually needs an entire cab made for it, which is way more expensive than bfing the super. I can’t decide!

Guitarist for Black Valley Moon & Down By Law

I had a RI Super Reverb and a Blackface and Silverface Bassman. All were great sounding but the Blackface Bassman was easily my favorite of the 3. I used a small open back Carvin cab with 2 EVM-12L speakers.

I have and use both a SF twin (lightly modified) and a 67 bassman (stock) ...I prefer the twin ..the Bassman is much 'gainier' and mid scooped . get some good speakers for the Twin that dont mush out ( I have JBLs ) and put the master on 10 ;when you play hard you get the power amp crunch and dynamic range you need but it still stays relatively clean at sane volume levels . I must confess my amp tech completely removed the master vol circuit from my twin (along with the pull distort bit that I never liked ). remember that SF twins and showman heads are pretty much identical

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 13:48:08

Page 1 of 1