Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
255 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
255 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
175 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Wireless guitar?

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Reviving a 2 year old thread here but obviously new products have been introduced since this discussion.

I was seriously considering a Line 6 G50 as even big names on grueling tours are well satisfied with it. But someone on another forum recommended the Getaria (2-dongle system similar to Xvive) and a 5.8 GHz model had just been introduced at a too-good-to-pass-up $70.

The dongles are somewhat larger than the Xvive but according to owners the Getaria's battery life is superior.

I've used it only at home during the lockdown (hoping I never have to use that phrase again) but have tested line-of-sight and obstructed range of 40-60 ft with no dropouts or other audible changes.

I'm a bit of an odd duck and have been using it even within 'cable distance' of my amp and pedalboard - I can tell my posture is subconsciously slightly improved as I'm not worrying about a cable.

I started using wireless right before the lockdown, picked up a Nady WS-16U. In terms of price it's higher than the jack located wireless units and lower than some of the really nice wireless units Bonus: old school transmitter packs. Smile

I would have preferred a Shure (the one Surfer Joe recommends looks cool) but didn't want to pop for that price point until I was sure that I was going to end up using it. Right now, walking out into the yard wireless is cool, but I'll be looking forward to getting it back out onstage.

It's got good transmitter range

Bango Rilla!

DiPintos, Fenders and Reverb (oh, my!)

The GO-GO Rillas
Bandcamp | Facebook | Instagram | YouTube | TikTok | Threads: thegogorillas

I've always liked these old wireless Micro-Frets Orbiters! Probably wouldn't work in 2020 but still rad!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2