Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
319 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
247 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
247 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
167 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
113 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
68 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
21 hours ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
21 hours ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Wireless guitar?

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

Hello

I want to make two guitars wireless. I have looked around a little bit on the market and I have found two main product lines. The first one is a digital conversion of the signal back to analog. The other is a pure analog all the way to amplifier. Does it works good? Any dynamic range loss or other similiar back draws?

I want to go relative cheap, I have looked at those cheap ones at Ebay but I do not know.. Does they work as good as a expensive one?

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 13:49:37

Yes I do. I use two pedals to a surfy bear reverb unit and one of the guitars have a electric tremolo also from surfy industries.

I and my friends have had great success with the Xvive U2 system. Cheap and simple.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

DannySnyder wrote:

I and my friends have had great success with the Xvive U2 system. Cheap and simple.

Maybe a bit to cheap. Mine broke down after 4 shows (during our gig on Aloha Fest 2). Luckaly I have 3 years warranty at the store I bought it. But it is still in repair!

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
www.arnyzona.com (my photography)
Aloha Fest on facebook

I checked Xvive U2 system out. It is not the cheapest one but the specifications looks good. 24 bit and 48 khz sampling should be a great dynamic range. Better then CD-quality. What happend when your @arny brokes? Was it something with the electronics or was it broken physically?

The specifications of Xvive U2

Set with transmitter and receiver - both operate with battery and without a power supply
Built-in fixed rechargeable lithium battery
Range without obstacles: Up to app. 30 meters
Frequency range 20 - 20,000 Hz
Latency: 6 ms
4 Switchable channels
24-bit/ 48 kHz A/D converter
Dynamic: 105 dB
Operating on a single charge: Up to 5 hours
Including USB charging cable

I've been using a Line 6 G50 for about 4 years now. Been put through some pretty rigorous gigging and usage - ain't yet ever let me down! Not sure what they go for these days, but very sturdy and reliable.

Had to replace the jack cable from the guitar into the transmitter, but that was just general wear and tear. Very easy to get a replacement.

I've been using a Line 6 X2 system. Had to replace the jack cable from guitar into transmitter twice, because of wear at the cable connection to the plug. This connection is too easily exposed to wear, in my opinion, so I would not recommend a Line 6 wireless. However, when everything works, the sound is totally clean.

Insanitizers! http://www.insanitizers.com

I have been using different systems. If you have more budget buy a shure glxd16. Anyway it’s quite some time that I use the XVive and it’s rocky. Don’t listen to arny, he breaks everything! I brought the xvive on tour everywhere and it is mega reliable.
Also don’t be too picky about quality... you are NEVER in a perfect acoustic situation, you will NEVER notice a sound difference with a cable in a live situation.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

I've used the XVive U2 and the Line6 G10, both decent lower-mid tier products. Got the XVive along with Shecky and Trefy for the MBP Gong Show appearance. I had interference problems with mine during the first day of rehearsals and I got the G10 that night. The day of the performance there were a lot more wireless devices around and the XVives got overwhelmed where the G10 worked.

Every system has strengths and weaknesses. Between the U2 and the G10, the U2 is simpler to plug and play, where the G10 has better reception but a large base unit that for some stupid reason runs on 5V usb vs the normal 9V power you have on your board. I modified a usb car charger to step down the voltage.

-

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 13:49:10

surfridern wrote:

I checked Xvive U2 system out. It is not the cheapest one but the specifications looks good. 24 bit and 48 khz sampling should be a great dynamic range. Better then CD-quality. What happend when your @arny brokes? Was it something with the electronics or was it broken physically? <

It was something electronical. They are still looking in to it. Will update if I know more!

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
Aloha Fest on facebook

Last edited: Apr 26, 2018 06:48:12

Tqi wrote:

surferjoemusic wrote:

Don’t listen to arny, he breaks everything!

Oooh, shot's fired! Laughing

hahahahahhahahahaha

(www.surfmusic.net)

MelWaldorf wrote:

I've used the XVive U2 and the Line6 G10, both decent lower-mid tier products. Got the XVive along with Shecky and Trefy for the MBP Gong Show appearance. I had interference problems with mine during the first day of rehearsals and I got the G10 that night. The day of the performance there were a lot more wireless devices around and the XVives got overwhelmed where the G10 worked.

Every system has strengths and weaknesses. Between the U2 and the G10, the U2 is simpler to plug and play, where the G10 has better reception but a large base unit that for some stupid reason runs on 5V usb vs the normal 9V power you have on your board. I modified a usb car charger to step down the voltage.

None of these systems can compete with the Shure GLXD16 of course. I consider that the best wireless system on the market today. I had that and had to sell it, but I will get it back soon.

(www.surfmusic.net)

surferjoemusic wrote:

None of these systems can compete with the Shure GLXD16 of course. I consider that the best wireless system on the market today. I had that and had to sell it, but I will get it back soon.

I can confirm this based on my own use. I had a Line6 G30 for a good while, and it works fine, but is a little fussy, especially outdoors. I got the Shure GLXD16 on Jonpaul's recommendation, and while pricey, that thing RULES. I use it for everything (including practice) except recording.

Shure GLXD 16 user here. Bass player has one as well. They work as advertised. This box has the best stomp tuner I've used. Really like the rechargeable transmitter feature.
The only issue I’ve ever had is making certain the receiver was properly powered from a Voodoo Labs power supply.

Rock
A Man from S.U.R.F.
http://menfromsurf.com

Jamie, describe 'fussy'. I'm looking at one for another band I'm in. The guys over at Talkbass seem to think fairly high of it, other than the fragility of the case.

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

Staredge wrote:

Jamie, describe 'fussy'. I'm looking at one for another band I'm in. The guys over at Talkbass seem to think fairly high of it, other than the fragility of the case.

It'll just cut out from time to time. You basically need a good line of sight and maybe 30 ft. I just never had great success using it outdoors for whatever reason. I actually think it's quite robustly made, so that was never an issue for me. Battery life is... meh. Not terrible, but certainly not great. All in all, it's plenty good, that Shure just smokes it at every turn. Battery is great, range is great, quality is great, the tuner is great... Aside from the price, the only complaint I have is the size of it on my pedal board... and that's a quibble.

Cool. I'd like the Shure, but the G30 is more in my budget.

Will

"You're done, once you're a surfer you're done. You're in. It's like the mob or something. You're not getting out." - Kelly Slater

The Luau Cinders

surfridern wrote:

What happend when your @arny brokes? Was it something with the electronics or was it broken physically?<

Last saturday I got a package from Bax Music in the Netherlands. Completely suprised, since I didn't order anything. After opening I found a new set of Xvive U2's in the box, with an excuse note of the manufacturer. It seems somehow the circuit of the transmitter was fried. Probably production fault.
So nice garantee service from Xvive! Hope I have better luck with this set!

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
Aloha Fest on facebook

Last edited: May 18, 2018 02:23:36

Goto Page: 1 2 Next