Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Anyone remember The Rubber Band?

Page 1 of 1

Hey SG 101 crew! It’s been a while. You might remember me from a few years back. I have a band with my kids and first posted here with this original surf instro tune I did with my kids called Shark Bait.

Well the kids and I have continued to write more and more.
Our latest original is called “Own Tomorrow” and I made a lyric video to go with. Not surf, but I did use my VM Jazzmaster and a heap of reverb at the bridge Smile . Hope you guys and gals dig it! Thanks for listening.

The Rubber Band Youtube Channel

Last edited: Feb 25, 2018 21:59:12

That's a very creative name for a band. Nice tunes as well. Smile

What a good daddy! Encouraging kids to play music. I say get a real drum set though. Are you a fan of The Shaggs?

A lot better than this family band!

Daniel Deathtide

Thanks! Wow Three Beat Slide are amazing. I can't tell for sure if it's supposed to be camp or not. I don't think it is...

It’s been a while, and I apologize for telling you what to do about drums. Your approach is great!

I’m pretty sure that band is serious...

Daniel Deathtide

Thanks and no worries, that first video was when my son first started playing in 2012 or so, back when I first joined the forum. He’s 16 now and long since moved on to acoustic kits. I still have the Roland kit though, which is perfect for low volume jams and writing.

As for that vid you posted, I think you’re right that they’re serious. But I’m holding out hope that they’re just trolling us...

Page 1 of 1