Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Best-Of SG101 »

Permalink 11th Annual Surf Guitar 101 Con.Sat Aug. 4th flyer in 1st post, adding raffle items starting page 9

Goto Page: Previous 1 212 13 14 15 16 17 Next

NeedsMoreReverb wrote:

Obviously I am extremely fortunate and won the Fender guitar. Some great players are going to give it a proper send off today.

Grateful

Terry

is this the first win for you?

www.surfintheeye.com

No, I’ve cleaned up in the past, two Eastwood guitars and the Eddie Bertrand surfboard. This one is extra special.

Missed seeing you, hope all is well.

NeedsMoreReverb wrote:

No, I’ve cleaned up in the past, two Eastwood guitars and the Eddie Bertrand surfboard. This one is extra special.

Missed seeing you, hope all is well.

i thought you had a few other wins. due to circumstances beyond my control i couldn't make it. missed seeing you too.

www.surfintheeye.com

Who won the Gomez?!?!?!?

SurfDub wrote:

Who won the Gomez?!?!?!?

One of the guys from the Delstroyers I think

Storm Surge of Reverb: Surf & Instro Radio

Reviews please?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm working on a big, long extended version with pics but it was really great. To be honest there were a good handful of artists in this lineup that I was kind of eh about from their albums and just about all of them proved me wrong. Tremolo Beer Gut were the band I was most excited about and they didn't disappoint at all. Les Agamemmnonz were probably my second favorite. I was definitely hitting the limit of my stamina by the time Blue Hawaiians went on but they were a great closer.

One thing I'd like to put out there... and it seems like a really weird request, but sometimes I wish there was a bit more downtime. In past years I didn't talk to many people because I still felt a little like an outsider. I felt pretty over that at this point, but found that I barely had enough time to chat with people before the music kicked in. I think the music is appropriately loud and don't think that should change, and I certainly don't want shorter sets, so I'm not sure what the answer is. Maybe an intermission? But that seems like a way to lose a lot of the crowd. As is it feels a bit more like a festival than a convention.

...and pics. I’ll write out a review this week after I recover from an amazing week.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Congratulations on your win of that amazing Fender JAZZMASTER.

Don't Fear the Reverb ! Grateful Surf ! SURFIN' Tiki Bandits !
I can be reached through the following or at don@donschott.com. :

www.donschott.com
www.eyerecords.com
www.dontfearreverb.com
www.kokopellistages.com

I'm having the time of my life. One more surf show for me tonight, then flying back to Texas in the morning. I have some wonderful CDs to listen from the bands that performed this weekend.

_

Hi, I'm Gellert, guitarist for The Fintastics.

https://www.facebook.com/TheFintastics

Nice haul there!

Thanks for the reviews so far.
Keep them coming.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Kool t-shirts!

Vincent of High Tide recordings will have the Diamond ones for sale online soon.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Last edited: Aug 06, 2018 17:13:54

Awesome I meant to get one. If I have any money left.

Last edited: Aug 06, 2018 22:21:12

Mark Linett (or an assistant) was "backstage" again this year on Saturday recording all of the bands with some impressive gear.
Reverb Nation 2?

Man! It took 15 hours to get there from Seattle (by plane...) >_< but made it in one piece and (drat!!) although we missed the Friday show... What. A. Blast on Saturday!! The footage online does not capture how cool the place is and how great it sounds. So many cool people, so much cool music, swag, gear, omg and ya...I snagged the Gomez! O.o Holy eff! I cant believe that! The bands were amazing. Hard to pick a fav. King Pelican and Black Flamingos RIPPED. Creatures were insane. Surfer Joe was bananas, Everybody! Amazing lineup Jeff and co! I posted a few short clips on Instagram (link). I'm exhausted but, I had so much fun! Thanks all. You guys rule! Smile

Dre
Delstroyers Facebook
Delstroyers Bandcamp

Last edited: Aug 06, 2018 23:18:07

A combination of graduation, finishing an unpaid internship, and temporary unemployment has allowed me to attend my first sg101 in... 5 years? Some family issues required me to duck out a bit earlier than I would have liked, but man I picked a hell of a show to Encino Man my way back to.

It's easy to get excited about finally getting to see bands like Les Agamemnonz and Tremolo Beer Gut that I've been a fan of for a while now, but I was really impressed with every band that played Sunday. And I really mean that when I say impressed; this was a real showcase of variety and creativity that really makes surf something special to me. I've got some catching up to do for sure, and I'll be using this show as my starting point.

I still need some time to process everything, but I wanted to dust off this account to deposit these brief, malformed thoughts before the depressing realization of having to return to the real world finally settles in. It was great to see so many familiar faces again, and even better that some actually recognized mine! It'll be around more often for sure, especially if the conventions maintain this kind of quality.

Hot Summer Comes Again!
Let's Go Beach! Let's Go Beach!

This weekend ruled.

Four String Fender for The Delstroyers & The Woodhavens

These posts make me happy, thanks guys.
I was in a down mood before the event, from so many people saying they could not attend.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

These posts make me happy, thanks guys.
I was in a down mood before the event, from so many people saying they could not attend.

Attendance overall seemed pretty strong - a lot of crossover support from the rockabilly crowd. Buddy and Suzy Dughi from the Hot Rod Trio were there and at one point I found myself standing next to Nick 13 of Tiger Army. He said it was his first Convention and he was really digging the bands and the whole scene.
Everyone was having a blast Jeff, the place was wall to wall smiling faces! Congrats and THANK YOU for another unforgettable show.

Bill S._______

HELLDIVER on Facebook

Goto Page: Previous 1 212 13 14 15 16 17 Next