Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink NAMM 2018

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

How about a general thread to discuss all the various new products or NAMM-associated information?

There's already been a discussion on the TC Electronics "Drip," but what about this interesting specimen...

https://reverb.com/news/new-fender-offset-the-meteora-leaks-ahead-of-namm

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Sweet baby jeebus that thing is gross. Now I like an offset. I love a Tele. I like an offset Tele too... but that one is hopefully beautiful to somebody somewhere. There’s a whole lot of awful going on there from my eyes.

I wanna be excited about NAMM. I hope something surface I have to own, and will ignite a purge on my end to make room for it.

I appreciate the commitment to less supple angles. Wink

mj
bent playing for benter results
Do not attempt to adjust your TV set.
https://www.facebook.com/Bass-VI-Explorers-Club-179437279151035/
https://www.facebook.com/Lost-Planet-Shamen-366987463657230/

Cool

I like the look, but I wouldn't buy it, because I need a wang bar. Also what is the scale length? It would be cool to have some sort of Tele with s Jag scale.

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

When my eye initially caught the outline of this, my 1st thought was "well, someone is trying something", probably a custom builder of sorts. The body is not bad only by itself, and I like creativity, even when it's off (set). Then I questioned "why would they use a copyrighted headstock shape, especially one that's so totally disharmonious with the body, and the logo looks too sim..." Face Palm All this went on for about 250 milliseconds, to my shame. And Fender's.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 13:26:47

Redesigned American Vintage line is coming. Scant details, not official leaks as far as I have found. Looks like they are doing modern player upgrades to the AV line and improving the vintage look/feel(new guards, more custom colors)

Looks a lot like the Fender Voyager prototypes from a few years ago:

Voyager seen here!

Last edited: Jan 11, 2018 16:12:36

These 4 are making the rounds - I think they are fake. Especially the Strat/Jag.

"You can't tell where you're going if you don't know where you've been"

I may be in the minority, but I took an instant, visceral like to the Jag Strat. It reminds me of the Maurader or those things BILT is making.

I really like the Meteora, no money to buy one but I think it looks cool.

JakeDobner wrote:

Redesigned American Vintage line is coming. Scant details, not official leaks as far as I have found. Looks like they are doing modern player upgrades to the AV line and improving the vintage look/feel(new guards, more custom colors)

It had me wondering if this is in response to the success of the thin skin line--vintage with a 9.5 radius and bigger frets.

websurfer wrote:

JakeDobner wrote:

It had me wondering if this is in response to the success of the thin skin line--vintage with a 9.5 radius and bigger frets.

A vintage spec'd Jag but with a 9.5" radius, bigger frets, and better neck angle would be nice. Better materials and workmanship on the classic bridge would be nice too.

Surfadelphia wrote:

A vintage spec'd Jag but with a 9.5" radius, bigger frets, and better neck angle would be nice. Better materials and workmanship on the classic bridge would be nice too.

That's kind of what it sounds like. I'm kind of bummed because I really like 7.25 and vintage sized frets for Fenders.

The bridge is apparently the same. I need to hit my buddy up again for details since he has played them all again. He is moving as the speak, but I want to get details so bad...

websurfer wrote:

That is how we got the AV'65 line, those original thin skin finishes really taught Fender they could do thinner lacquer finishes and not do a poly under. I bet they still use a poly sealer, but at least there isn't an actually poly clear coat underneath like there used to be.

It seems that things may be getting where Dalibor once said here. That Fender should just make one American Jaguar and Jazzmaster (in this case with what is considered the best of old and new) and just let those be the model. No more AVRIs in various "years".

Sonichris wrote:

These 4 are making the rounds - I think they are fake. Especially the Strat/Jag.

They're "Model-confused", I hope they're in therapy. LOL!

I don’t mind the mini vi. I’d like to see it in 3ts.
The placid Tele Paul is probably my favorite, but I don’t like 4 knobs in any guitar.

I like the Tele with the two 'buckers, but you can tell it's a fake as the Fender 'buckers are the wrong size.

there's nothing to stop fender from drilling offset holes in a regular HB case.
That said, it would really be hysterical if this was a fake leak meant to drive forum crawlers nuts.

And the big reveal was just emailed last night...the new "American Original" line from Fender. Apparently this will replace the "American Vintage" line.

https://shop.fender.com/en-US/electric-series/american-original/

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Last edited: Jan 16, 2018 12:40:21

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next