Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink New member introduction

Page 1 of 1

I just wanted to give a shout out to the forum and introduce myself.

I’ve always enjoyed surf and other instrumental music but never realized how much was out there until I stumbled across this forum when researching a Jazzmaster purchase last a year ago. I ended up getting a Telecaster instead, but recently fell in love with an ocean turquoise Jag, with mint pick guard, at my local music shop. Perhaps there is still time to redeem myself Smile I’ve dropped by the forum on and off since, but since finding more surf on Myspace and CBC have found myself coming here a lot in hopes of learning more.

As far as my music background…. I’ve always enjoyed rock, blues, indie, etc. Performance wise, I have played guitar in a two piece band that performs traditional Scottish, Irish and Manx tunes (90% instrumental at that) for about 10 years now. I also play the bagpipes, but have been receiving treatment for that (doctors say I’ll be better soon).

I’m also interested in catching some shows in the Wash, DC Metro area… if anyone has recommendations.

Cheers,

Ed Bradshaw

Welcome aboard!! Glad to have you join us. As far as shows in your area... (correct me if I'm wrong guys) I think that the Atomic Mosquitos are from somewhere around there (North Carolina / Virginia area) so you might check their website or myspace for shows.

Ron (ToneBoy)
The Mariners (1964 to Present) www.myspace.com/themarinersfirstwave
Lonzo & Oscar (1999 to Present) www.lonzoandoscar.net
www.myspace.com/lonzoandoscarcomedy
Billy Henson & Summerstorm (2001 to Present)

howdy, biscuit!

-dp

Welcome! (Moved to Shallow End).

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Yes, I have also found the Atomic Mosquitos but haven't had a chance to catch a show yet. I was able to find their CD on CDBaby and have been playing it quite a bit.

yeah, the Biscuit name came from my early days in the Coast Guard.... it has just become a traditional username for me Smile

Welcome, Ed!

Don

Hi Ed

There's a long thread on surf bands near Maryland somewhere on here that should help you.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

WELCOME!!!

CUTBACK

Welcome from one new guy to another.

BTW I love my Jaguar. The one your lusting over sounds very cool. Life is short, buy it!

Is that too much reverb?

xxreverbxx
Welcome from one new guy to another.

BTW I love my Jaguar. The one your lusting over sounds very cool. Life is short, buy it!

I was just at the store again today paying it a visit Smile The auction on my amp ends tomorrow, so it might be coming home with me by this weekend.

Welcome aboard, Ed! I kinda think it'd be cool to hear some surf tunes on bagpipe! Then again, and most folks here can attest to it, I'm somewhat of a goofy one. Although I do own a Fender Stratocaster, I'm planning to create my original surf sound using an Epiphone Les Paul Jr. 90, and a Gibson Les Paul Faded Double Cutaway; both will be getting Bigsby B5 vibratos added.

Matt

Fast Cars & Loud Guitars!

Hi Edbiscuit, welcome.
You should call your band Firth of Surf.

Stormtiger
Hi Edbiscuit, welcome.
You should call your band Firth of Surf.

You know... that's actually a great name Smile

Welcome aboard Ed.
do the Biscuits come with country gravy?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

welcome to SG101 edbiscuit.

This is a cool place to glean surf music info.
Joel

Page 1 of 1