Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
319 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
247 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
247 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
167 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
114 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
68 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
1 day ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Kapa Guitars

Page 1 of 1

Has anybody out there ever had a Kapa guitar? I found a Kapa Continental real cheap. Midnite Blue, sort of Jag style whammy rig and Hofner pickups. I need this like I need a hole in the head but, it is cool little guitar.

I've never owned one, but from pics I've seen on the internet, they look great. I say a cool, cheap guitar is always worth buying.

If I'd stop buying old guitars to fix, I might actually learn to play.
Bringing instruments back to life since 2013.

My friend had one as his first electric back in high school, i remember it would never stay in tune, but then again ,the concept of intonation and fixing intonation was completely unknown to us at that time, too! :~D

Kapa guitars were made by Koob Veneman of Veneman's music in Rockville, MD. Constructed in the USA out of mostly Hofner parts. The necks were made by Micro-Frets.

I've never played one, but they do look like very cool guitars and can be had for reasonable prices. Somebody is selling off their entire collection on Reverb for the price of 1 of some other more popular vintage guitars.

https://reverb.com/item/2199432-kapa-co-iv-continental-1966-guitar-collection-6-guitars-sold-as-one-group-rare-made-in-the-usa

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017 09:39:42

I grew up a few blocks from Veneman Music in Silver Spring. My first rocknroll 'lectric guitar (it's long gone, doggone it) was a Cobra. A couple of years ago, I bought a Challenger on eBay, and I've been making loud noises in the basement with it. It's also my project guitar; I've been dinking around with the insides, cleaning and resoldering and so far managing not to break much.

It has a floating bridge, and I've had good results with intonation just by ooching it back and forth until the tuner is happy. It's 32mm nut to 12th fret and 12th fret to bridge, and ooch incrementally from there if need be.

Thanks for the Kapa tips. I think I'm gonna pass on it. It needs some attention and I already have 3 projects sitting in the back of a closet. I'm sure I'll regret it some day when the price of em goes through the roof!

Page 1 of 1