Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink NGD! Jay Turser Mosman!

Page 1 of 1

This is my Jay Turser Mosman. It's obviously a mosrite copy. Before buying it I was actually considering an Eastwood Sidejack, but in the interim I found this. I was very skeptical at first but I have to say though this guitar is amazing for the money. I spent 250 on it and it plays amazingly. The action is really low which I guess is due to the zero fret. The fretwork came almost perfect with no rigid ends. The bigsby style tremolo is really good and it has no issues staying in tune. I actually got it a week ago, but I was waiting to install the Hallmark pickup I got. It sounded pretty good before, but now it sounds almost the same as a mosrite.

Man, that's a cool one. I've always been nervous about JT guitars (been considering a goldtop LP from them on/off for awhile), but it looks like you scored with this.

Now I'm GASing for one hard.

I've wanted the sunburst or red one for a while. They only sell them in black currently however. I think these are a more faithful mosrite clone option over the new danelectro 64, eastwood sidejack or the dillion. Was the hallmark pickup a exact fit for the old ring and route or did it need it's own new ring? Congrats!

Guitarist of The Sea Gees! A group I'm working on putting together, more to come.

You're ready to form The Mossman Gatherers and face The Rolling Stones.

Musicians Friend and their aliases list the Turser Mosman in your choice of sunburst or white for $400 available July 2018.

Insanitizers! http://www.insanitizers.com

Last edited: Mar 18, 2018 12:57:55

The_Sea_Gees wrote:

I've wanted the sunburst or red one for a while. They only sell them in black currently however. I think these are a more faithful mosrite clone option over the new danelectro 64, eastwood sidejack or the dillion. Was the hallmark pickup a exact fit for the old ring and route or did it need it's own new ring? Congrats!

Yeah, before I got the black I really wanted the red, I called the manufacturer and they said they won't be producing them until this year. I agree, It does have a wider radius neck though which isn't necessarily a bad thing. It wasn't, though the hallmark comes with its own ring. You have to shave some wood to get it to fit but it wasn't that difficult of a job.If I were you though I would pick it up anyway and just do a new paint job in the future if you really want it. Last year musicians friend said it'll be available in January, and now from what the poster above said July.

Last edited: Apr 03, 2018 15:48:35

Page 1 of 1