Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink 2017 reissue of The Fathoms' 1996 debut album Fathomless

Page 1 of 1

"More than 20 years after its initial release and out of print for 15 years, MuSick is proud to reissue this deluxe edition of 'Fathomless'! All 17 tracks from this classic debut album by The Fathoms have been remastered by original Fathoms’ bassist Johnny Sciascia. This collection also includes three previously unreleased tracks from the 1990s and four brand new Fathoms’ songs recorded this year."

Released August 25, 2017.
Available from Bandcamp.

Instromania on Bandcamp

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017 17:41:59

Well, I'm going to have to buy it.

The Mystery Men?
El Capitan and The Reluctant Sadists
SSS Agent #31

O U T S T A N D I N G ! ! !

Worship

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Anyone else getting errors trying to check out @ bandcamp?

I'm getting "To comply with government regulations, this transaction has been declined." trying to check out both by PayPal account and Credit Card payment.

No Sigh

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

I heard there was some problems from Art.
Maybe try to get the cd direct from MuSick

Jeff(bigtikidude)

From Art of MuSick:

Until we fix the issue with Bandcamp, send us an email at:  musickrecordings@gmail.com  
to get the new Fathoms CD directly from us. Thanks!
Art / MuSick Recordings

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Thanks BTD - not sure if it was bandcamp, MuSick or PayPal, I'd dropped them an email first. Hopefully there's an easy fix...

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

So awesome!! Love this CD. It literaly changed my life by rekindling my interest in surf music after one listen at now defunct Hear music. So glad it will be back for others to hear. Extras sound cool. Go buy it!!

Robert

The GnarlyMen

Last edited: Aug 26, 2017 21:04:03

Same error indicated above. Sent an email to musick.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Got that same Paypal error too but tried two times more and then it went okay.

Instromania on Bandcamp

Jeroen wrote:

Out of curiosity, did you use a personal PP account, or the PP mechanism to pay with a credit card? Thanks.

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

I picked this up at the SG101 convention from Art.... but I haven't listened to it yet!!! (hangs head in shame)

I've heard it is amazing.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I got it at the convention, too, and have been listening to it a lot the past three weeks, including twice on my drive to and back from Indiana yesterday. IMHO, possibly the greatest surf revival album ever, and this reissue does it justice in every possible way. I'll write more about it soon.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

IvanP wrote:

I got it at the convention, too, and have been listening to it a lot the past three weeks, including twice on my drive to and back from Indiana yesterday. IMHO, possibly the greatest surf revival album ever, and this reissue does it justice in every possible way. I'll write more about it soon.

Dead Reverb substitute PayPal glitch for pedal

Big Grin

Wes

Badger wrote:

Jeroen wrote:

Out of curiosity, did you use a personal PP account, or the PP mechanism to pay with a credit card? Thanks.

Personal PP account.

Instromania on Bandcamp

Jeroen wrote:

Badger wrote:

Jeroen wrote:

Personal PP account.

Thanks for the info.

Wes

Update: Had an email waiting for me this morning from Musick (thanks Art!!!).
He can work around this by sending an invoice that can then be paid via PP. Apparently it's a Bandcamp glitch. As Jeff mentioned, just contact him at the email address above.
Cool

UPDATE: And worth every moment waiting. Ivan is right; this album is so good it hurts.

Wes

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017 22:41:40

Many fans here count the band to their all time favs, it's widely known how good The Fathoms are. But I always wondered if the scene really sees how good, how essential the work of this band is (and if Frankie Blandino has any idea of what he and the guys achieved...if you read his posts you might think he doesn't). To me Fathomless and Overboard are not only the best third wave records but the best recordings in the genre, so far away from everything that it is almost ridiculous. No review/details needed...many people here know what I mean (this depth!! the atmosphere!! this ensemble!!!). Frankie Blandino himself said on this forum that the first lineup was magic and that nails it. Btw, while I'm praising the first two releases I want to make clear that I also really love Fathom This! and the band with it's current cast. He also said he wishes he could recreate whatever it was that made Fathomless what it became. What the hell...so let's summarize that this pure magic is history, in any meaning. And this is where the reissue of Fathomless comes into play: the first three of the bonus tracks are from that time '96 - '98 (Frantic Antic/Koolerator/Big Sky) and I'm completely BLOWN AWAY by them as they are so great tracks that totally fit into Fathomless/Overboard as a unit. The magis has returned for almost ten minutes, thanks for that!

Great post medic.... your first one in 8 years! Smile

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

medic wrote:

Btw, while I'm praising the first two releases I want to make clear that I also really love Fathom This!...

That was actually the first Fathoms album I picked up & was blown away, simply for the musicianship, then the material, then the thing was looping in the house for days...
Picard Face Palm

Wes

Page 1 of 1