Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink The Tikiyaki Orchestra And Sweden's Ixtahuele Live @ DiPiazza's Long Beach!

Page 1 of 1

In an extremely rare aligning of the planets in the modern Exotica universe, Sweden's Ixtahuele and The Tikiyaki Orchestra play three consecutive shows at DiPiazza's in Long Beach, CA Aug. 17, 18, 19.

The show last night was unreal--the sound in DiPiazza's may be just about the best I've ever experienced for an Exotica band. It's rare enough to hear Ixtahuele live, but in this intimate setting with incredible sound, it's just sublime.

Aug 18 Facebook Event

Aug 19 Facebook Event

Ticket Information

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Boy do I wish I could be there. ENORMOUS fan of both bands! Have a GREAT time!

JONPAUL wrote:

The show last night was unreal--the sound in DiPiazza's may be just about the best I've ever experienced for an Exotica band. It's rare enough to hear Ixtahuele live, but in this intimate setting with incredible sound, it's just sublime.

He isn't kidding. Ixtahuele sounded absolutely divine last night. Everything was perfectly balanced, from the craziest percussive crescendo to the slightest nuance. It literally sounded perfect.

Tikiyaki sounded great too, of course. Tikiyaki always sounds great! But something about Ixtahuele's setup on that stage hit a perfect sonic balance. Mix that with their next-level musicianship and you get live exotica bliss!!

Go if you have the chance!!

Last edited: Aug 18, 2017 21:19:30

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I'm here tonight, and be back Sat night.
And then seeing Tikiyaki 5-0 on Sunday at another event.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1