Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
319 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
247 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
247 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
167 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
145 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
113 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
107 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
68 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
1 day ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
1 day ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Fender Mexican Road Worn 60's Jaguar

Page 1 of 1

Are a guitar like a 'Fender Mexican Road Worn 60's Jaguar' any good at all, or should one save that money for a avri/Marr/vintage one..?
Any ideas?

El Firetone,
www.elray.dk
El Ray

Yes, quite good. The 60s Lacquer series is the best value for a Jag on the market. The fretwork, vibrato, and bridge aren't up to Marr/AVRI/AV/Vintage specs, but not horrible.

A used Marr might just be the best value, but used isn't for everybody.

The AV'65 is probably the best route if you don't mind splashing a little more cash. They are very nice guitars, I honestly believe they are what Fenders felt like new in the 60s (save for the vibrato spring which is superior on the vintage units).

Alright Jake, Thanks! Great input there, you really know your guitars.
I love used Big Grin

El Firetone,
www.elray.dk
El Ray

Recently picked up a 60's Lacquer Jag (not road-worn) and +1 to what Jake said. Great value for the money. The AVRI 65 I played as well while shopping was in the superb category. But for the first time I made part of the decision on color; didn't want another sunburst. The 60's does everything I wanted out of a Jag.

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

I play a road worn jag. It's got a mastery bridge on it now and a modded selector but it sets up real nice and sounds great. PU's sound great.

Dre
Delstroyers Facebook
Delstroyers Bandcamp

Page 1 of 1