Hey, not to single anyone out or point fingers, but please use the following guidelines when you Submit News for the front page of the site:
- The news item must be significant... you know... a news item...
- No for sale or musician wanted ads. Those go in the forums.
- Questions about gear go in the gear forum
- Please check to see if your event was already submitted. I'm not going to post a duplicate and if your friend/bandmate made a shitpost first it will probably have to stay unless you contact me and ask nicely.
- Try to put some effort into it. Your posting will go on the front page of the site.
- Use the best capitalization and grammar you can. I will fix some things (not everyone is a native English speaker and that's fine) but if there are too many "I ain't got time for that".
- Don't just post a couple of sentence fragments and a link. You can do that in the forums.
- If you post an image, and especially a show flyer, please also provide the text on the flyer. You know: date, time, place, cover charge, etc. Search engines can't glean this information from your image, and neither can screen readers for folks with vision impairments.
Bottom line: if you make a low-effort post I'm probably not going to publish it. You can of course post in the forums if you don't have time or inclination to put in some effort.
"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea