Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink No electricity!

Page 1 of 1

We had a little blizzard come through today. Power went off at 5:30am and stayed off until around 5pm. Snow is 16" deep in places. Trees destroyed in a terrible way. But now we have power and NSSR! Smile

Well, I think the rest of us can safely assume that you're a 'glass half full' kind of a guy?

Of course, living here in SoCal, it's only a matter time before 'The Big One' hits. (Mind you, I'm hoping to be out of SoCal before that happens.) Wink

Best wishes, and take care.

-Cheers, Clark-

-Less Paul, more Reverb-

Last edited: Apr 30, 2017 23:47:14

Squirrel in a switch box is the most interesting means, that I've seen, to take out power to about a 3 mile radius. That, or this past Saturday, when somebody managed to wreck their car into a transfer station. For as far as this transfer station sits off the road, I'll guess excessive speed (likely 50 MPH on a 30 MPH post), and the idiocy of one or two drivers was what happened.

Fast Cars & Loud Guitars!

Weird! Just had a power outage here a few minutes ago. It took out the local area, airport and mobile phone transceivers. First one for years!

Page 1 of 1