Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Do You Use a Pedalboard? What's on it?

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next

So how many of you have something other then a reverb tank as your surf rig?

For now, I've got a Jordan BossTone for my Jaguar, a Barber Trifecta fuzz, Boss CE-2 Chorus, Whirlwind Orange Box Phaser, a Digital Delay TBD and a Boss RV-6 if I'm not using the amp's spring 'verb.

How 'bout you?

All opinions expressed by this poster are well thought out and based on actual experience and/or scientific experimentation, except for those which are knee-jerk reactions or good sounding fantasies.

The Boss Fender Reverb, Boss Vibrato (for Lonnie Mack stuff) and a Juarnig Luxury Drive and the on board 'verb.

I play surf with pedals around the house, but I never gig with them. I used to, but the hassle...

Catalinbread Belle Epoch, Twin Peaks Harmonic Tremolo, EHX Klon rip off(can't remember name), and a Boss TU-2 all get used for the Surf-side of the board. I keep a EHX POG 2, EHX Mellotron, Catalinbread Fuzzrite, Reuss RSH/Evil Twin, and a MXR Analog Chorus. I think that is all...

Korg Pitch Black,Bearfoot FX Evergreen Compressor, Lovepedal Eternity, Analogman Astrotone, Malekko 616 Delay, Electro Harmonix Holy Grail.

My main setup consists of a Dunlop Cry Baby, DigiTech Synth Wah, Keeley Compressor, Wattson SuperFuzz, Boss CE-5 Chorus Ensemble, EHX Pitch Fork, DigiTech TR-7 Tremolo Rotary (but I use my DRRI onboard tremolo), MXR Carbon Copy and Ernie Ball Volume Pedal along with a Fender RI reverb tank.

My secondary setup is a Zoom MS-50G and a Zoom MS-70CDR along with a Surfy Bear reverb into a Marshall DSL-5C.

Yeah:
Tuner, OD, fuzz, trem, delay. I do also have another trem I leave on all the time and then my tank.
The always on trem is a real subtle thing, more for my own ears than anyone else's.

My current stuff:

Everything goes straight into the Fender Blues Deluxe amp then.

The Air Cats Band - Instrumental surf-rock music from Russia

Janglebox Compressor - SD Pickup Booster - Spaghetti Western Fuzz - EHX Satisfaction Fuzz - Danelectro octave divider - BBE Two Timer analog delay - BOSS FRV-1 reverb - Strymon Flint reverb/tremolo - Korg tuner.

TarantinosNYC
TarantinosNYC FB page
The WrayCyclers FB page
Rockaway Beach Surf Music Festival

It depends on my mood!

More often than not though I bring this compact set up. Either as a stand alone or as a back up for my '66 6G15 and EP-1

Some cool, mostly simple rigs.I'm trying to decide if I should drag along my Roland Space Echo RE-150 and Real Tube Stereo Reverb.

All opinions expressed by this poster are well thought out and based on actual experience and/or scientific experimentation, except for those which are knee-jerk reactions or good sounding fantasies.

Here is from latest gig:
Catalinbread Merkin
Catalinbread Valcoder
Catalinbread Galileo
Catalinbread Belle Epoch
Catalinbread Topanga
... and polytune mini.

For surf gigs
TC Electronic Polytune mini
Klon klone BYOC Silver Pony
El Capistan
Flint
EP Booster

As the setlist calls for it, I may use a Neo Mini Vent for rotary and a Catalinbread Fuzzrite. I use a Pedaltrain 24 Metro w/ HSC so I tend to swap in and pedals based on need in order to keep it to this size.

Most of the time I will use my Fender reverb but if I really have to travel light I use my FRV-1 as a substitute.

Lorne
The Surf Shakers: https://www.facebook.com/TheSurfShakers
Vancouver BC Canada

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017 05:39:17

This is the best sounding setup I've ever used. The reverb & trem are run through the effects loop of my tech21 Trademark 60, w/ the reverb BEFORE the Trem. That let's me use some nice subtle trem settings w/o everything getting washed out. The polytune is hands down the best stage tuner I've had. Last but certainly not least, I LOVE the AC+! It's just my sound... but more! The board itself is a cutting board from target... 6 bucks out the door & I power everything w/ a Onespot adapter.

www.instagram.com/_the.outer.limits_
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCX7iIpcAvL8In2HY9I7QoPw
www.theouterlimits.bandcamp.com
www.facebook.com/vertigogo.surf

Jester wrote:

Here is from latest gig:
Catalinbread Merkin
Catalinbread Valcoder
Catalinbread Galileo
Catalinbread Belle Epoch
Catalinbread Topanga
... and polytune mini.

Now there's a dude who likes his Catalinbread stuff. How do you like the Topanga? I keep a Holy Grail on my board, because I manage to break the spring reverb in my amp several times per year. I'm hoping to find a better alternative to it.

Whilst playing surf, I always have the Wampler on, with either the TC Electronic Mini-Spark, or the Vox Tone Garage Flat 4.
The Mini-Spark gives a clean, volume boost and seems to add a little sparkle and extra dimension, too.
The Flat 4 boosts, with a small amount of warm crunch, as it has a built in valve.
The other 3 are set up to get as vintage a tone, as I can achieve and used sporadically.

http://soundcloud.com/graham-pike

The top pedalboard I use with the Madeira and the bottom with the Space Cossacks and the Blair-Pongracic Band. Keep it simple. Both are small enough to fit inside my suitcase when flying, and I have the original Pedaltrain soft cases for both which provide very good protection and make them easy to transport.

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Last edited: Mar 28, 2017 15:04:46

You can never have too many EP Boosters. Wink Looking forward to hearing the one on the lower pedal board on June 18 in Carrboro, NC!

-murph

http://www.reverbnation.com/elmiragesurf
http://www.reverbnation.com/aminorconspiracy

"I knew I was in trouble when the Coco-Loco tasted like water!" -- morphball

murph wrote:

You can never have too many EP Boosters. Wink Looking forward to hearing the one on the lower pedal board on June 18 in Carrboro, NC!

Big Grin Indeed, murph, and the one on the Blair-Pongracic Band pedalboard has impeccable provenance! Wink

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Goto Page: 1 2 3 Next