Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » For Sale / Trade »

Permalink Pine telemaster body and stuffs

Page 1 of 1

i had this built to bridge the gap for me, but I've since acquired an actual jazzmaster and put my tele back to its "normal" configuration. So this has been sitting since, time for someone else to enjoy it.
Old growth pine, 2pc body that weighed in at 3.4lbs unfinished. I have no idea what it weighed built out. 3ts nitro is very thin, and when it arrived to me, was brand new, has since checked heavily, in a pretty interesting, non traditional pattern, I can only assume because it's on top of pine.
It's was a pretty snappy and snarly build, but I ran hot pickups in it. I really didn't bang on the wiggle stick as much as I thought. The avri trem is a little sticky, I'd thought about replacing it with a mastery, but I'm sure someone that knew these things could set it up proper.
$425
Cavities are lined with foil tape, as is there a stripe covering the neck pickup and wire run on the back of the pg. And some gracious member of another forum mailed me a bridge of some sort to go with it.

This is not relic'd in any way. It was brand new in 2013, and has aged itself.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2016 19:15:52

Offers?
All set with trades though.

I'd buy this right now if I wasn't on a spending freeze

I love that it has the normal JM/Jag trem but is otherwise all Tele

GLWS

My chief complaint of the "Offset Telecaster" model that Fender put out recently was the lack of trem. The trem on this makes it very tempting.

Damn, if I had the $ and the time bandwidth for another project I'd love to pick this one up. That checking is pretty amazing.

Best of luck with the sale!

Last edited: Jan 04, 2017 12:16:46

My bet is the pinesap will remove that delicate finish pretty soon, nice as it looks. An oil finish would have worked better with the natural chemistry of such wood.
If it doesn't sell could you document the progress? I know that sounds morbid, but hey I'm from Carcosa.

Squink Out!

Yeah, I'll be sure to send it along, ya weirdo.

Seriously, the woods is 200 years old; it's not dripping wet with sap. MAYBE the chemical makeup will contribute to some accelerated flaking, maybe not.

200 years since milling? Where did you get that wood? From Abe Lincoln's Kentucky home? You ought to get reported!
I did some research and find oil or wax finishes are not commonly successful with pine and there is a reason Leo switched to less chemically-active woods early on. Classic guitars are traditionally French polished with natural shellac but they don't typically use pine.
It sure looks nice right now anyhow. Kind of makes Gretsch guitars seem eternal.

Squink Out!

Abe Lincoln? This is cut from the same piece that made George Washington's teeth.

Big Grin Chippertheripper wrote:

Abe Lincoln? This is cut from the same piece that made George Washington's teeth.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Somebody brought to my attention (via a kind pm on another forum) that this trem may, in fact, not be from an avri (which is what I thought I'd bought).
Regardless, shoot me an offer, I'm game.

Bueller??
It's all boxed up ready to go, so shoot me an offer so I can ship it on.

Page 1 of 1