Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Advice please. Coronado pickups

Page 1 of 1

Hey all
I'm currently refretting my 67 Coronado (carefully)

It's next weak point are the pickups
It has those funky chrome pickups

I'd really like to replace the coil in them with something more Jazzmaster sounding. They are of course a quirky size and I'd like to keep the casing.

I've tried a couple of the usual suspects in terms of custom pickups but no joy.

Any one here got suggestions for a surf minded luthier who can wind a JM style pickup to slit lay different dimensions ??

Thanks

If you need something reworked, or re-engineered, check out Curtis Novak's website. I'm not sure whether or not he can help you, but it wouldn't hurt to look. That man does some pretty amazing things, including custom work.

Cheers, Clark

-Less Paul, more Reverb-

-Cheers, Clark-

-Less Paul, more Reverb-

Reverbenator wrote:

If you need something reworked, or re-engineered, check out Curtis Novak's website. I'm not sure whether or not he can help you, but it wouldn't hurt to look. That man does some pretty amazing things, including custom work.

Cheers, Clark

Thnaks
yeh I did get in touch and he had some ideas regarding gold foils. Not sure it really floats my boat

My buddy has a spare coronado pickup that hes happy for me to experiment on. I have some jess loureiro jag pups that I might attempt to explant into it....

-Less Paul, more Reverb-

Update. I'm going in....

Plan is to sneak a jag pickup in there.
They said it can't be done... Mwah hahaha

Pihabeach82 wrote:

Update. I'm going in....

We'll be waiting outside the ICU door, Doc.
Big Grin

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Know anybody with a 3D-printer device? With a little measuring and ingenuity they should be able to "print" you a pair of mounting "rings" to hold those Jazzmaster pickups AND match the body's arch top.

Last edited: Sep 04, 2016 10:19:46

Did Curtis Novak suggest his JMX-JAG pickups? They are meant to fit on Jaguars. I've never seen one in person so I don't know if they could work, but I'm sure Curtis could help you.

Old punks never die... They just become surf rockers.

Page 1 of 1