Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
327 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
153 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
121 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
115 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
76 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
9 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
9 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Kare & the Cavemen AKA Euro Boys live!

Page 1 of 1

Go here: http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2006/05/24/467094.html

Scroll down slightly and click play on the video screen just below the top photo.

Four songs by Kare & the Cavemen from Norway (they released CDs outside Norway under the name Euro Boys). They used to be a kick-ass quasi-surf band in the mid-nineties, than morphed into something very different, and then disbanded. They reunited at Link Wray tribute show in Oslo, Norway in May 2006. This video features four songs from that gig - a DD cover, and three originals (two from their 1997 CD "Jet Age"):

Surf Beat
Mr. Wild Guitar
???
Siamese Island

This is really AWESOME stuff! Man, those guys can PLAY. I guess it helps if you have a viking on bass.... Shocked

Ivan

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Wow--very cool!

It's too bad they didn't stick with the approach they took on "Jet Age" a little while longer. (Even though I don't dislike their Man's Ruin stuff, I also wouldn't say it's anywhere near as good as that album.)

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

IvanP
Go here: http://www.dagbladet.no/kultur/2006/05/24/467094.html

This is really AWESOME stuff! Man, those guys can PLAY. I guess it helps if you have a viking on bass.... Shocked

Ivan

...and, the amazing Euroboy (aka Knut Schreiner, from turbonegro) on guitar...great tunes!

thanks for the link, Ivan.
-dp

Thanks for posting Ivan, I think I've seen it somewhere else (maybe right after they did it). One thing for sure, this looks nothing like their old live shows. Much more energy back then, even if a lot of it was from a guy weilding a tambourine...I only saw them once, but I was blown away.

The Scimitars

is it just me or is that pretty Reverbless?

seems like a new trend...
Rolling Eyes

hope it doesn't catch on.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude
is it just me or is that pretty Reverbless?

seems like a new trend...
Rolling Eyes

hope it doesn't catch on.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Seeing as they didn't use all that much reverb ten years ago on "Jet Age," it's not much of a surprise. It's still a great album. Personally, I'm glad some surf/instro bands don't use tons of reverb--those five and six band surf shows would be torturous if each band had the same exact guitar tone.

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

Warren speaks the truth once again.
good call sir.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Really cool! Guitar

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Jeff, realize this was recorded on who knows what and is now streaming to you on probably a 64kbps stream or less! You ain't gonna hear much reverb!

Off Topic
Same with the Volcanos clip you commented on. I think Volcano Chris plays with onboard reverb only, while Volcano Rick does have a tank. That's the nice thing about their sound. Chris: Mosrite without a lot of reverb; Rick: Jazzmaster (or backup Hallmark!) with reverb. Makes it interesting switching leads like that.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Page 1 of 1