Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Hi everyone

Page 1 of 1

Hey everyone,
I'm new to this site, and thought I would introduce myself. Name's Steve as you can see, and I just started playing guitar a few months ago. Actually, surf rock was what drove me to learn guitar, I love the sound, but I'm not really equipped for it right now, but eventually when I get better I imagine I'll make another investment in better gear. Anyway, just thought I would say hi, and cheers to everyone that makes this site as good as it is.
-Stevus

Hey hey,
Welcome to the fold, you'll be reverberating in no time.

~B~

Welcome aboard. It's great to see a new guy onboard who was so influenced by the sound of surf that he felt complelled to pick up the guitar!!!! It reminds me of me.....in 1963! Eddie Katcher, The Surge! Lead Guitar, Atlanta.

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

I'd heard the mainstream surf rock stuff like wipeout and the Pulp Fiction soundtrack, but what really got me was Road Runnah - The Pyramids. That was what did me in, I slowed down playing guitar for about a month, but now I'm playing again until my fingers hurt. Thanks for the Welcome!

Welcome Stevus. Surf's up on the Chesapeake Bay!

Cheers,
Chuck

Welcome Stevus!
Always good to see another right coaster here.

Paul
Atomic Mosquitos
Bug music for bug people is here!
Killers from Space

Welcome Stevus!

Did you know Road Runnah is not actually by the Pyramids? It's by, who else, The Road Runnahs, who for some strange reason ended up on The Pyramids album (much to Pyramids chagrin, I'm sure...)

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

No Brian, I was not aware of that. I guess my props are due to the Road Runnahs. Good to know!

By the way Brian, where are you from in IA? I was born and raised in Cedar Rapids, and plan going back within the next couple of years to go to school, probably at U of I.

I am currently living in the Cedar Rapids area. I went to grad school at U of I. Cool. Cool

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Stevus

Welcome to the place to be. Great music, Great folks, Great info, Great times.
You do realize that now that you have registered here you are going to become addicted to this place.

Joel

WELCOME STEVUS!!!!!!!!
Jump in, the waters fine.

Hi Stevus, I'm not sure where in VA you are, but there is a lot of surf music happening in neighboring MD. Have you checked out the website for the east coast surf music alliance?

WELCOME...

...from the South Florida contingent.

CUTBACK

east coast surf music alliance? I have not heard of this, please do tell. And, thanks everyone for the warm welcomes.

http://launch.groups.yahoo.com/group/NESMAsurf/

go here and click on join group,
then post what you want, need.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1