Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
123 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Music General Discussion »

Permalink Going nuts trying to ID song

Page 1 of 1

Fairly popular. Rhythm sounds like Baja. Probably is Astronauts just can't find track. Played on NSSR this afternoon (Monday EST) but can't find playlists. Gonna slap forehead when I get it. Thanks.

www.CoastalTwisters.com
Coastal Twisters YouTube Channel
Coastal Twisters on Facebook
Coastal Twisters on Reverbnation

ReverbMadness wrote:

Fairly popular. Rhythm sounds like Baja. Probably is Astronauts just can't find track.

The Hearse ?

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Maybe Firewater? Or Movin'? There's another likely candidate playing in my head, but I don't have a clue what it's called. (Who ever remembers the titles of instrumentals?) Checked my three Astronauts albums, however, and it's not on any of them.

You can always try to find out the song by using the Al Bundy method, lol

Hmmm hmmm him...

Duh

Last edited: May 31, 2016 09:35:27

Maybe it's time to add Shazam to your phone apps.

Happy Sunsets!

The Hearse! Thank you Badger! I actually remembered the melody last night when I woke up at 3:00am, grabbed guitar, figured it out. Next step was to download one of those apps and play into it.
Cheers!

www.CoastalTwisters.com

ReverbMadness wrote:

The Hearse! Thank you Badger!

Sometimes even a blind squirrel finds an acorn. FYI, it's on their 'Competition Coupe' album. (as well as covered by a host of others)

Wes

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

A little background...
The Hearse (like Baja) was written by Lee Hazlewood. The Hearse was first recorded by Al Casey for his 1963 Surfin' Hootenanny album. It's even wetter than the Astronauts cover!

websurfer wrote:

A little background...
The Hearse (like Baja) was written by Lee Hazlewood. The Hearse was first recorded by Al Casey for his 1963 Surfin' Hootenanny album. It's even wetter than the Astronauts cover!

Thanks for the link! Didn't know that, but figured Hazlewood - couple of signature little hooks of his in both.
Smile

Edit: Holy Drip - no wonder the guy's got an umbrella on the cover.

Wes

Last edited: May 31, 2016 16:50:59

Makes sense. I immediately thought it would go nicely in medley with Baja. I'm sure someone's done it.

www.CoastalTwisters.com

Page 1 of 1