Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Surf oriented Strymon Flint Demo

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 09:10:56

You can build one of his kits. It’s basically just soldering leads for the pots&jacks to the pcb’s. There’s a really extensive thread here about them.
As geico would say: so easy a caveman could do it.

Last edited: Dec 31, 2017 13:28:39

Chippertheripper wrote:

You can build one of his kits. It’s basically just soldering leads for the pots&jacks to the pcb’s. There’s a really extensive thread here about them.
As geico would say: so easy a caveman could do it.

I must be lesser than a caveman, then. I have rewired everyone of my guitars since '88, built/repaired pedals, but I'd say it is easy to build the SB but wouldn't say that about doing a robust, solid job to make it roadworthy and shielded properly. It can be "function over form". I decided to take it step further.

Lorne
The Surf Shakers: https://www.facebook.com/TheSurfShakers
Vancouver BC Canada

Drill some holes, put it in a box. Make it look as pretty as you feel.
That looks dandy, shake.

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 09:11:23

Delrin96mm wrote:

Chippertheripper: I'm touched by your faith in my technical ability. However, as changing guitar strings is a mildly traumatic experience for me, I'm afraid that any attempt on my part to build one of these kits would result in the loss of the little hair I have left and me having to take up temporary residence in the local psychiatric hospital. On a serious note: If I had the time, I would love to learn how to do things like build pedals from kits, do mods and repairs on guitars and amps etc., and I admire and envy anyone that can do that kind of stuff. Unfortunately, the budget I'm working within extends to time as well as money, so I prefer to invest the little I have in playing my instrument; the technical stuff I leave to people who know what they're doing. But thanks for trying to encourage me. If my circumstances change, it's something I'll definitely try to learn.

Shake n Stomp: That looks great. If I could get that far with an electronics project, I'd be as pleased as Punch.

It just so happened that I had some time off work and pleasant weather in a summer to do it. It obviously helped to run the measurements off my Fender unit and adjust accordingly.
But the overall points to glean from this is having an abundance of options to suit your needs...ok with DIY? ...there is a kit...don't have the time, tools, or inclination to DIY?...with the Surfy Bear trem and reverb units (built), it is a GREAT time for us surf guitarists!!!...particularly those in UK & Europe for cost effective purchases relative to Americans (price, availability, options). We Canadians straddle that mid-point between the two.

Lorne
Vancouver BC Canada

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 09:11:54

Delrin96mm wrote:

...So sorting out the wheat from the chaff takes a little time when you're a beginner - which is part of the fun too, of course...

You've named some folks here that I have learned a lot from, myself. The learning part can be equal parts frustration, excitement, and enlightenment. Oh, right...and expensive.
...At least, those are all from my personal experience.

Lorne
Vancouver BC Canada

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 09:12:15

Man, I wish I had that kind of patience.
Regardless, I don’t think you can go wrong with either choice really.
Do stay involved here and keep us abreast of how you’re making out.

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 09:12:32

Delrin96mm - Sorry for the Off Topic , but your forum name is exactly my favorite pick (pretty much the ONLY one I use) for the past 25 years!!! Not just the model, but the thickness, too! LOVE those picks! I've tried many other ones, but for me they just don't measure up. I think it's hilarious you've named yourself on this forum after that pick! Well-done! Kiss Welcome!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Post deleted by author.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2020 09:13:00

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3