Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Gomez Amps - Tribute Thread

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5

Here's my Tahitian through an Ampeg 4x10 cab. This clip is just my Mosrite Joe Maphis Model 1 straight into the amp. I'm so glad I didn't sell this some years ago...! Love this amp and my Gomez tank.

Now, who will send me a 15" tone ring cab Wink

El Twitter
El Ray
El Ray on Bandcamp
El Twang on YouTube

Last edited: Jul 15, 2023 14:49:20

Great move changing course, holding onto that one, Lars!! Thumbs Up

Here is my contribution to celebrating Dario's legacy. I started with the El Sonido head, cabinet and matching blonde/wheat G-Spring in late December 2010 if I recall correctly, maybe really early January 2011.

In July 2012, I lucked into the Surfer head. As I've shared before, this was originally 1 of 2 Surfer combo's ever built. With Dario's help, I got a proper piggyback head cabinet and I believe one of if not the last tone-ring cabinet from Dario. He was well into his building hiatus at that point but had one cabinet left from a batch Paul Windsor made for him. Dario kindly dug it out of storage and sent it across the country for me.

It wasn't until January 2020 that I picked up the matching blonde/oxblood G-Spring from a fellow forum member here.

Dario really did some phenomenal work. I pinch myself every time I plug in - especially when Mike/morphball (fellow El Mirage'er with matching setup) and I are able to play out live and loud with the boys in the band.

The good fortune to be the custodian of these is not lost on me. Grateful and lucky.

photo

Fady

El Mirage @ ReverbNation

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023 17:44:13

I was privileged to own the other Gomez Surfer Combo 15. It made many trips to Instro Summits, was played by Paul Carson at the REX when the Atomic Mosquitos opened for Dick Dale twice. And thanks to Jonpaul it was used by Oleg and is now in good hands in the California surf community, which fulfills my promise to Dario when I bought it that his amp would always be part of our community.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Jul 22, 2023 20:24:36

Dre played the Gomez tank at Surf X Surfwest IV on Friday night that he won in the 2019 SG101 raffle . He bought one raffle ticket and has felt guilty ever since haha. Cool

Now look, I'm the drummer and all but I gotta say, the Gomez is amazing.

Skins for The Delstroyers

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5