Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
169 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
116 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » The Shallow End »

Permalink Bob Dylan-"weird old guy"

Goto Page: 1 2 Next

I thought this was hilarious!

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7007232453

Yeah, well, kids don't like broccoli either and look how great that is...errr, wait a minute...

I guess they're both an acquired taste. Laughing

Don

A child's honesty is often their best quality. The are correct more times than not. In this case, we know they're right...

Too friggin funny. I can see the kids sitting there all wide eyed and scared
I never saw the Dylan thing too.
I'll admit hes an allright songwriter, but I hate his voice.

I have a friend that loves Bruce Springsteen and Dylan.
I told him, must be a East Coast thing. Because I don't know many West Coasters that like him.

Different strokes for sure.
Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

My old 'nam vet buddy used to play punishing renditions of Bob Dylan songs at me.

Puke didn't like him way back when and don't like him now or zen. cannot listen to that voice, sorry. and he wanted to be elvis? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxnutz

bigtikidude
I have a friend that loves Bruce Springsteen and Dylan. I told him, must be a East Coast thing.

As a native East Coaster, I resent the Springsteen part of that.

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

Sorry Warren, I'm bad at doing blanket statements like that.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Bruce was my hero in the past - hence this nickname I've used for the past 15 years. At his best I still think he's a great songwriter - at his worst he drifts into being a parody of himself. I lost touch after 'Born in The USA' which itself has not worn too well due to the awful 80's-ness of the production.

Now he's getting back to roots - but I must admit that 'Froggy Goes A Courtin' on the last album was a bridge too far for me.....

http://www.myspace.com/thepashuns

Youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

I'm from Jersey - Nuff Said Evil

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I've never been a Springsteen fan, but Dylan has written some downright perfect songs in my opinion. He's truly a great musician.

an independent record store owner turned me on to springsteen when the first album was released. i just remember the energy it had in comparison to a lot of what was getting airplay at the time. (somewhere around 1972 or 3 i think) i drifted away after 'born to run' also. because of the e street band i got turned on to south side johnny and the asbury jukes, a band that to this day i've never seen live but would love to see. my $.01

www.surfintheeye.com

Dylan is beyond amazing. Desire and Blood on the Tracks are two of the finest albums ever. Dylan's storytelling is unmatched by anyone, be it Tom Waits, Neil Young, or Lou Reed.

Thumbs Down not liking the springsteen noise either. these 2 boys got no water. sorry, no beach, no bayou, no bay, no lake, no sound Exclamation

I can tolerate Springsteen's fake-Dylan albums, like "Nebraska," and I don't dislike "Darkness on the Edge of Town." Pretty much everything else of his makes me suffer rage blackouts, though.

-Warren

That was excessively violent and completely unnecessary. I loved it.

What? 'THE BOSS' is freaking awesome! Listen to his version of 'Pink Caddlilac' his tele sounds great, and that version DRIVES...Im not a huge Dylan fan, I always figured he was over my head, You hear people like Jimi Hendrix, or The Beatles talk about him like hes a god. Maybe cuz hes poetic I dont like him, I cant stand poetry, its all kind of silly and goofy to me. (except maybe Walt Witman, or Poe) I dunno, you just cant beat THE BOSS and the Jersey Shore.

Disclaimer: I grew up in Jersey.

take me to the deep end of the shallow end and drown me if you want, but i really like rage against the machines cover of 'the ghost of tom joad' which i think was written by bruce springsteen. i'm listening to it right now. mom

www.surfintheeye.com

momsurfing_
take me to the deep end of the shallow end and drown me if you want, but i really like rage against the machines cover of 'the ghost of tom joad' which i think was written by bruce springsteen. i'm listening to it right now. mom

I liked their version of "Maggie's Farm" written by Dylan. I like some Dylan, probably dislike more. I don't really like Springsteen. But I can really see why people appreciate both so much.
I can also see why kids might think of Dylan as just a weird old guy.

momsurfing_
because of the e street band i got turned on to south side johnny and the asbury jukes, a band that to this day i've never seen live but would love to see.

I saw Southside Johnny here in the UK last year. A lot of his songs are either very Springteen clonish or his earlier stuff very Stax soul.. so I can't say I'd rush out to buy the albums ....but.... as a live band they were great and he's a very engaging frontman. I'd certainly go to see him again.

Dusty Watson is playing here up the road from me next week with Agent Orange - hoping to go to that.

http://www.myspace.com/thepashuns

Youth and enthusiasm are no match for age and treachery.

The state of New Jersey was considering "Born to Run" as their state song until someone pointed out the lyrics "Baby, this town rips the bones from your back, it's a death-trap, it's a suicide rap, we better get out while we're young..."

Goto Page: 1 2 Next