Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
300 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
94 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink Forums / comments toolbar

Page 1 of 1

Do you use this? And if so what buttons do you use? I'm thinking about replacing it with something more mobile friendly (or perhaps nothing at all). If I do swap it out, there will be a new form to save images on the internet to our cloud storage (replacing the image hot-linking button) and there will still be a post preview button (replacing the green check mark).

toolbar

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I've used them all, save for emoji, at some point and time. But link, image, italics, and quote are the vital ones.

I use some of them (Link, Emoticons) more often than others (Bold, Strikethrough) and I've never used Quotes and Code Block. I stopped using the Picture function after you added the more useful Upload Photo feature.

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Jun 03, 2015 18:49:10

The toolbar isn't strictly necessary, it just maybe makes it easier to use for those not familiar with Markdown (the markup scheme we use -- Reddit uses Markdown too, but has no toolbar).

Last edited: Jun 03, 2015 18:53:55

I use the image, link, emojis and checkmark. Italic never worked for me

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

I use bold, italic, link, and image. Rarely use emoji and never use bullets and numbering or the icons between link and emoji (I don't even know what is that)

Umar
The Mentawais
The Rentones

It's funny to hear them referred to as emojis, since they predate that. Maybe I could add real emoji support in the future.

Danny, the italic button works for me. Select some text and click. All it does is bracket your text in _ which is one way to make italics.

All the buttons do is just add the markup to your text which you could type yourself.

kruelkats, the ones you are referring to are quote and code. Code block is useful for posting tablature since it forces a non-proportional mono-spaced font.

I'll probably keep the toolbar for the time being but I'll be on the lookout for something that works better on mobile for the future.

• Used regularly: Font formatting, link, emoticon drop-down, preview.
  • Once in awhile: bullets & numbering. But they are VERY convenient when needed. The toolbar layout itself is similar to many other word processing tool bars.
  • Never: Picture & Code Quote. For some reason I just use the quote button at the bottom of whatever post I'm quoting.

Don't know if it's workable with the light background but I've seen it useful on other fora to have a font-color that's "accepted" as meaning light sarcasm/tongue-in-cheek. Sometimes prevents someone misunderstanding a comment & yielding a sub-nuclear exchange while the "hey, I was just kidding" gets clarified.

Smile

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Last edited: Jul 03, 2015 12:13:45

Page 1 of 1