Photo of the Day
BTD
BTD
Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
363 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
344 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
229 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
229 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
149 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
89 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
50 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » North Sea Surf Radio »

Permalink "Best of 2014" donation compilation OUT NOW!

Page 1 of 1

Our new donation compilation "Best of 2014" is out NOW.

28 of the best tracks released last year.
80 minutes of the best surf music, including 17 Wipeouts!

Support your favourite radiostation by donating 14 euro or more.
That is only 0,50 cents per track.
For these top quality tracks, that's a steal!

Here's the tracklisting:

You can find the comp over HERE.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

North Sea Surf Radio: Website- Facebook - Twitter
North Sea Surf Festival: Website - Facebook - Twitter
The Phantom Four: Website - Facebook - Twitter

Last edited: Jan 03, 2015 14:07:47

Anybody that donated and owns this comp, your comments are more than welcome!

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

To submit your surf music to North Sea Surf Radio send the tracks as .mp3 in 320kbps bitrate with correct tags to playlist@northseasurfradio.com via Dropbox.

Looks like a killer comp, I'll be getting that soon. I am a bit disappointed that the Madeira's amazing album Sonic Cataclysm didn't make it on there. Did you guys get a copy?

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Hi Danny,

I actually just finished sending a very long email to Sean at Double Crown about this exact matter. Yes I have the album and the fact it is not on there has nothing to do with the Madeira but with my vision about how NSSR should sound.

When it comes to live recorded surf music I have a very outspoken opinion.
To me instrumental music tells a story, one to be be interpreted by the ears of the beholder. There's no singer to tell you what it is about so with it's very cinematic properties it leaves all to your imagination. You can ride on a camel through the desert, drive in a Mustang across Sunset Boulevard, sail across the Pacific Ocean or drive a spaceship in a far away galaxy.

The moment all these personal tales that are being told in your head by the music via various studio tracks are being interrupted with live recordings I am no longer on one of those imaginary journeys but I am in a club, concert hall or pub watching a band with noisy people around me and a beer in my hand. The live sounds take away the magic for me.

The playlist tracks are the ones you hear between all the database tracks during the non stop shows on NSSR and I only playlist studio tracks.
The Best of 2014 compilation is an overview of the best tracks that have been playlisted and therefore The Madeira is not on there. Not because it is not good.

I do however feel that presented shows are a perfect place for live music. With the presenter in there it is not about the magic of a music flow anymore. A lot of our DJ's have been playing live tracks from the new Madeira album in their shows and I think that that's the perfect place for it.

Same goes for the new live album by The Phantom Four that is coming out in a couple of months. It will not be playlisted, there will not be a Wipeout from this album and it will not be on the best of 2015 compilation.

The studio material by The Madeira is very prominently featured as we have more tracks of them in our database than by many other bands and I already heard a potential Wipeout on their live album the moment it is being released as studio track on the upcoming album.

I am still thinking of a way or format to feature live music on NSSR beyond the presented shows. Originally I intended to do a weekly show with live surf music but the number of proper live albums with an astonishing sound did not make that possible because we would be playing tracks from the same 20 albums every week.

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

What a great compilation with so many great bands. It's an honour to be part of the comp,and to be the only Canadian band. 2014 was a heck of a year for surf music! I'll be picking this up for certain.

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Last edited: Jan 04, 2015 16:55:48

All bands that have donated their music get a complimentary copy Rev!
Cheers,

Niels Jansen
Program Director
North Sea Surf Radio

Great! What do I do? Pm me

Rev

Canadian Surf

http://www.urbansurfkings.com/

Crazy Aces are thrilled to be included in this comp and it's for a great cause so I hope everyone donates so we can keep NSSR up and running.

Cheers,
Jeff

http://www.facebook.com/CrazyAcesMusic
http://www.youtube.com/user/crazyacesrock
http://www.reverbnation.com/crazyacesmusic

That's very interesting, Niels, thanks for those clarifying comments, as I had wondered myself why our live album wasn't getting all that much play on NSSR. But this definitely clears it up. Thanks!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

The Grande Bois wish to thank Niels and Jonpaul for having us in this compilation! Its a priviledge and an honour to be a part of such amazing and talented comp! Very cool and amazing stuff indeed! When I listen to this mix it brings lots of power and new ideas to my own songwriting and composing. So thanks to everybody, and I really mean everybody for good vibes! Thanks again!

Twang & Bop til You Drop!

Page 1 of 1