Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

bigtikidude: New link https://m.yo...
306 days ago

bigtikidude: New link https://m.yo...
306 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
291 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
218 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
218 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
138 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
117 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
85 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
79 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
40 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

79%

79%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink What's On Your Workbench?

Goto Page: Previous 1 228 29 30 31 32

IceratzSurf wrote:

What is happening to the Mysterious TQI?

Looks like he's deleting everything he posted after a contentious exchange in another thread last week.

Last update/mod I made was on this Rarities Strat. I'm auditioning for a local band here in a few weeks and they do a fair bit of stuff in Drop D. I've used these Guitar Xtenders on other guitars for years (well, DECADES really) and love them. The only "problem" with them is you have to drill a hole in the back of the headstock to properly fit them. No more! For Fender players, they make a version with the two pins, a drop-in replacement. Of course, with a Strat you have to block the bridge (or at least deck it) for maximum effectiveness, but I have other Strats, so I can block this one and I did.

You can see it a lot better here. I was able to swap the button from the Fender tuner onto the Xtender so they all look the same to the casual viewer.

If anybody's interested in the walk-through of installing & setting up the Xtender, I made a video ... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=czSXnqd3rXc

--
Project: MAYHEM by Hypersonic Secret now available!

chiba wrote:

IceratzSurf wrote:

Looks like he's deleting everything he posted after a contentious exchange in another thread last week.

I’m sorry to hear that. I like the guy.

The artist formerly known as: Synchro

When Surf Guitar is outlawed only outlaws will play Surf Guitar.

synchro wrote:

chiba wrote:

IceratzSurf wrote:

I’m sorry to hear that. I like the guy.<<<

Hey I'm really sorry to hear about Tqi disappearance as well.

The internet and specialty forums are full of great experiences shared between cyber 'friends '.
I feel at times quite connected to some whom I have never met in person. But you can tell by the exchange in messages if you share a common passion or not.
For me Tgi has shared that in my experience here on SG101.
But that deep passion for the love of something, like Surf guitar, can so easily be destroyed in a public forum with only a few bad posted exchanges.
Psychologically speaking, the internet can be a very harsh and unhealthy place to express yourself because of this.
Anyone can come in and train wreck a good discussion.
If after a thoughtful post by myself, putting out a decent amount of information regarding no particular topic, that I then got engaged into a heated debate with an opposing viewpoint, I might question why I even bothered.
It only takes one real jerk to make me want to bail.

Tqi if you read this just understand that I get it.
I honestly was inspired by your feedback to some of the posts I made and you were the direct reason I jumped on board to make a sparkle painted guitar.
I hope you are not lost to SG101 forever.

Last edited: Feb 02, 2024 18:12:45

IceratzSurf wrote:

synchro wrote:

chiba wrote:

IceratzSurf wrote:

I’m sorry to hear that. I like the guy.<<<

Hey I'm really sorry to hear about Tqi disappearance as well.

The internet and specialty forums are full of great experiences shared between cyber 'friends '.
I feel at times quite connected to some whom I have never met in person. But you can tell by the exchange in messages if you share a common passion or not.
For me Tgi has shared that in my experience here on SG101.
But that deep passion for the love of something, like Surf guitar, can so easily be destroyed in a public forum with only a few bad posted exchanges.
Psychologically speaking, the internet can be a very harsh and unhealthy place to express yourself because of this.
Anyone can come in and train wreck a good discussion.
If after a thoughtful post by myself, putting out a decent amount of information regarding no particular topic, that I then got engaged into a heated debate with an opposing viewpoint, I might question why I even bothered.
It only takes one real jerk to make me want to bail.

Tqi if you read this just understand that I get it.
I honestly was inspired by your feedback to some of the posts I made and you were the direct reason I jumped on board to make a sparkle painted guitar.
I hope you are not lost to SG101 forever.

Sad, but true. The Internet can be very harsh. I moderate the Gretsch-Talk forum and I have learned a lot about human behavior from that experience. Many people are neutral, willing to give and take equilaterally, and this works. Unfortunately, some people come in, looking to cause trouble. After years of moderation, I can sense such people relatively quickly, and on those rare occasions when I have to ban someone, I’m rarely surprised that they acted up.

Sometimes it’s better to let others have their opinions, even if you think that they are wrong.

Wrapping up my sparkle paint job with rewiring everything.
This came out great!

Last edited: Feb 07, 2024 19:29:17

Very cool.

chiba wrote:

IceratzSurf wrote:

I sympathize.

If I'd stop buying old guitars to fix, I might actually learn to play.
Bringing instruments back to life since 2013.

IceratzSurf wrote:

Wrapping up my sparkle paint job with rewiring everything.
This came out great!

The way the light hits it, in this photo, it almost looks like a very cool burst finish.

synchro wrote:

The way the light hits it, in this photo, it almost looks like a very cool burst finish.<

It's a uniform paint, not a burst.
But I used products b Roth Rattle Bomb and this required numerous stages of paints.
Between the sparkle and final gloss is a layer of 'Kandy' which is keyed to the main sparkle color of 'Custard Pie '
This created depth to the sparkle and has an element of almost color shift.
I plan to make a video of this in very good sunlight, because no pictures really do justice.

It’s definitely an optical illusion of lighting and how it interacts with the metalflake. Sunlight is our friend. Smile

Goto Page: Previous 1 228 29 30 31 32