Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
126 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Sunday, Mar. 23 @ Tonga Hut, North Hollywood...Introducing The New Caledonians!

Page 1 of 1

So...there's a huge annual Tiki art show, fresh, authentic Mexican street food, tons of Tiki vendors selling handcrafted decor and other cool products, the best Tropical cocktails in town, all at Los Angeles's oldest Tiki Bar, the Tonga Hut, on a mellow Sunday afternoon. But what else...the debut performance of The New Caledonians!!

Who are The New Caledonians? No one knows for sure...it's a rag-tag brotherhood of musical outcasts assembled in the deepest recesses of a mysterious French penal colony on the remote island of New Caledonia. Imprisoned for a crime they didn't commit after being washed ashore from a horrendous boating accident involving a giant squid, The New Caledonians all awoke simultaneously after being pronounced dead in the prison infirmary. Considered a miracle, they immediately drew the attention of the resident prison guru and musical genius, the Indian mystic Baba Baksheesh, who it was thought had died from eating bad pork decades earlier. Baba took the three under his wing and proceeded to teach them the secrets of the universe and how to play mysterious, exotic melodies on their crappy prison instruments. Baba had a limited supply of scratchy vinyl to use as instruction tools at the prison, all washed ashore on the island from a container ship that departed from San Francisco in 1968.

What could this possibly sound like? Show up at the Tonga Hut on March 23 to find out!

The Tonga Hut
12808 Victory Blvd.
North Hollywood, CA
tongahut.com

Starts at 2, band at 6!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

So hyped.

Bringing some of my "Normie" uninitiated friends. We've been hitting all the tiki bars in L.A. and they love it!

You had me at

a horrendous boating accident involving a giant squid

Last edited: Mar 11, 2014 14:36:57

Is there such a thing as "bad pork"?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude wrote:

Is there such a thing as "bad pork"?

All pork is bad. Stir the Pot

The hell you say?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

We Lou Ann Hanson and I (Craig the Keg)just discovered SAVAGE SHRIMP on Kauai. We had 6 Coconut Shrimp a fish taco, A PORK Taco and a dozen Scampi Garlic Shrimp with sticky rice and coleslaw. Yummy for the Tummy, PORK Taco was ONO....delicious...."It broke da Mouth"

Craig the Keg

Hodad makin' the scene with a six pack.

bigtikidude wrote:

The hell you say?

Homer: Heh heh heh. Ooh, yeah, right, Lisa. A wonderful, magical animal.

Rick

Rick

Ha!

Different Episode; when homer dies of a heart attack.
Mr. Burns...
"Send the family a Ham."

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Are you guys really hijacking a new band's first thread and show announcement with food talk and Simpson's references?

Picard Face Palm

Let's get this thread back on track. I, for one, am stoked for this show and am wiggling my schedule around so I can make it. I'm curious to hear the sounds that can come from such an introduction!

josheboy wrote:

Let's get this thread back on track. I, for one, am stoked for this show and am wiggling my schedule around so I can make it. I'm curious to hear the sounds that can come from such an introduction!

Stomping grounds of my youth - full debrief expected then. Big Grin

Wes
SoCal ex-pat with a snow shovel

DISCLAIMER: The above is opinion/suggestion only & should not be used for mission planning/navigation, tweaking of instruments, beverage selection, or wardrobe choices.

Coming up this Sunday!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

So mysterious

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Can't wait.
Tomorrow!

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1