Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
123 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Surf Videos »

Permalink Live Internet Video Broadcast?

Page 1 of 1

Any techno geeks here? What is the feasability of a live webcast of a show via a decent lap top computer & using a Verison wireless card? Is that enough bandwith to make it doable? Any other issues to deal with? Lots of good shows this summer, it woud be fun to do some libe webcasts.

The quality would have to suck as you would probably have to do a webcam thing. Also, using wireless isn't going to work. You need something faster than typical wireless. You'd probably need the best Fios internet possible, if it is even in your are to be able to upload fast enough and then there is the bandwith issue.

I planned on using a Sony Handycam HDR-FX7 HD Camcorder. But as you stated, uploading fast enough is an issue. Wireless is about the only option at the outdoor shows.

3 ISDN (128K each) lines bonded together transport video very well. I believe they are inexpensive in California. You need an interface to encode the AV signal from the camera and plug the lines into. Some clubs might already have the lines installed. A DS-1 (T1) line works in a pinch and is more expensive.

HD camera huh? Sweet. I'd love to see some HD footage of surf bands some day. I could play it on my HDTV via my computer and XBox, and all computer monitors are HD so everybody can experience HD as well.

And webcasting HD footage would be even harder as HD footage is infinitely larger. Especially since it will be uncompressed.

Looks like youtube is our friend.

Here's an easy and cost free way to do it, I have done this @ a duff's show, use your laptop and webcam mounted to the top of the lcd screen and the mic that's built into the webcam and set it up in the direction of the action but way back, and the free tool to use is Yahoo Messanger via webcam, you'll invite all who are logged into to your freinds list and walla reel time music and visual, the sound is ok but the point is that your getting reel time feed, for example look @ CNN or those other news groups they webcast events and news from around the world "Middle east" and it's still not sharp enough even if its broadband and satalite but it still works and it's in reel time Very Happy look at Paul McCartney's live@ The Cavern a few years ago via webcast and that was still not sharp enough.

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Page 1 of 1