On December 30th North Sea Surf Radio starts with a new timetable. Five new surf evangelists will be joining the DJ team at the world´s only free and commercial free online radiostation dedicated to instrumental surf music.
North Sea Surf Radio is extremely proud to welcome the following five surf devotees:
- Clint Beachwood from the USA is famous for his podcast and his surf music show "A Day At The Beach" on San Diego State's college radio station KCR.
- El Bumper from Spain plays guitar in The Panteras and garage-r'n'r band The Bumpers. He has already made a couple of great "Gypsy Surfer" shows.
- Eloy Rubio Bravo from Spain is one of the guys behind magazine Ruta 66, has written lots of rock & roll articles and DJ´ed at the Funtastic Dracula and Surf-O-Rama festivals.
- Ralf Kilauea from Germany is the man from the legendary German surfband The Kilaueas that have been around for 15 years already.
- Ted James from the USA is the guy behind the famous independent record label Deep Eddy Records specializing in surf, instrumental rock and garage rock.
DJ Phantom and DJ Lorenzo Surfer Joe will be taking a step back from their DJ activities. DJ Phantom already has his hands full as Station Manager, Program Director, Music Director, Marketing Director, Art Director and pretty much any other task at hand running the station. He will be spending more time making North Sea Surf Radio even better and more professional. Lorenzo Surfer Joe will be spending more time as a touring musician, booking agent, club manager and most importantly working on the world´s #1 surf music event; The Surfer Joe Summer Festival. But they will not totally be disappearing as they will be making a radioshow once every four weeks, taking turns with Ralf Kilauea and Ted James in a new show called “The Fantastic Four”.
Clint Beachwood will be doing a weekly show called “Where´s The Singer”.
El Bumper and Eloy R.B. will both be doing a show in Spanish respectively called “Pisuerga Beach” and “La Última Bala”.
In order for the US West Coast listeners to be able to catch the presented shows without having to get up at 6AM the shows will be moved backwards. The new broadcast schedule for the presented shows will be as follows:
17:00 CET / 08AM PDT: La Última Bala with DJ Eloy R.B. (en Español)
18:00 CET / 09AM PDT: Para Los Surferos with DJ Fernando Pardo (en Español)
19:00 CET / 10AM PDT: Where´s The Singer ??? with DJ Clint Beachwood
20:00 CET / 11AM PDT: Hangnine FM with DJ Django Deadman
21:00 CET / noon PDT: Green Cookie Beach with DJ Mike Surf
17:00 CET / 08AM PDT: Pisuerga Beach with DJ El Bumper (en Español)
18:00 CET / 09AM PDT: A Huevo! With DJ Caleb Pilgrim (en Español)
19:00 CET / 10AM PDT: Surf Guitar 101 with DJ Jonpaul
20:00 CET / 11AM PDT: The Fantastic Four with the Fantastic DJ Team*
* Lorenzo Surfer Joe, Phantom, Ralf Kilauea and Ted James
We already have a DJ or the 21:00 slot on Sunday and hope to announce the February or March starting date of that other new show very soon.
There will also be a couple of new non stop shows which will be announced later. The new Timetable will be published on our website and the Surf Guitar 101 forum on December 29th.
All in all some very exciting changes and I am looking forward to a 2014 where we will have some very special events coming up for you.
But first, the Classic Surf Top 101 and the Surf Revival Top 101 on December 27th.
North Sea Surf Radio
Last edited: Jan 03, 2014 16:23:31