Shoutbox

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
277 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
271 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
232 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
165 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
165 days ago

sysmalakian: TODAY IS MY BIRTHDAY!
151 days ago

dp: dude
132 days ago

Bango_Rilla: Shout Bananas!!
87 days ago

BillyBlastOff: See you kiddies at the Convention!
72 days ago

GDW: showman
23 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake September Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink What is your Rig???

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next

69 Gibson 335-Peavey 212-Milkbox,Nothing fancy here but I can GET-R-DONE.

Very nice Bill. I always wondered what your Les Paul looked like. Play the half-caster much?

JakeDobner
Very nice Bill. I always wondered what your Les Paul looked like. Play the half-caster much?

I actually sold the halfcaster's neck for some car work I needed done. I'll get her going again once I can afford it.

"as he stepped into the stealthy night air... little did he know the fire escape was not there"

https://www.facebook.com/reluctantaquanauts/
https://www.facebook.com/TheDragstripVipers/

'64 sunburst Jaguar, '65 sunburst Jazzmaster, AVRI Fiesta Red Jazzmaster, AVRI Ice Blue Jaguar, '95 blonde Custom Shop '56 (Cunetto) Relic Strat, '86 black AVRI '62 Strat, sunburst '62 Duo-Sonic, sunburst Wilson Bros. VM-75. D'Addario Chromes flatwound 12's on the Jags and JM's, Chromes 11 flats on everything else.

'61 and '65 Dual Showmans (live, large venue)

'95 Vibrosonic Reverb w/ ceramic Weber California series 15" speaker (smaller venue)

'65 Deluxe Reverb w/ alnico Weber California series speaker (recording)

'73 Deluxe Reverb w/ Celestion G12M speaker (recording)

Effects: Fender RI reverb tank, MXR DynaComp, Boss GE-7 EQ, Boss DD-3 Delay, Electro-Harmonix Memory Man(70's), Ibanez TS-9 Tube Screamer, Rocktek Chorus.

Jack
aka WoodyJ

The Mariners (1964-68, 1996-2005)
The Hula Hounds (1996-current)
The X-Rays (1997-2004, 2024-)
The Surge! (2004, 2011-2012)
Various non-surf bands that actually made money
(1978-1990)

Last edited: May 16, 2006 22:30:10

i was waiting untill i replaced my marshall to post my rig so heres what my rig will be as soon as my new amp arrives:
Guitars:
'99 danelctro 56-U1 .012 gauge roundwound
'01 fender MIA stratocaster with master tone and midrange boost/cut controls .012 gauge roundwound
'05 gretsch electromatic G5129 .012 gauge flatwound
'06 fender MIM jazz bass .045 flatwound

Effects:
vox big ben overdrive
carl martin red repeat
carl martin surf trem
danelectro spring king

Amp/cab:
'66 fender bassman through a 2x12" cab w/ ceramic weber californias

Last edited: May 23, 2006 21:05:41

holikujak
Amp/cab:
'66 fender bassman through a 2x12" cab w/ ceramic weber californias

oh man, you gotta let us know how the new rig sounds!

i have the feeling it will definately knock your socks off!

-dp

ps: re: the weber's: is the total load on that cab 4 ohms? In other words, did you install 2 x 8 ohm wired parallel? The optimum load on the Bassman 50 is 4 ohms, although they still perform well through an 8 ohm speaker setup.

yup! 2x8 ohms speakers in parallel

IvanP

Ivan, that JM, is it US or Japan - there's one identical with the gold hardware on ebay UK, an MIJ - I always thought the gold hardware was US but appearantly not all. the ebay add claims only 1000 were made?

just curious, I bid for the heck of it, but I 'm not intersted in it for what it will be going for. but it is a beauty.

WR

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Hi Wannes!

WR
Ivan, that JM, is it US or Japan - there's one identical with the gold hardware on ebay UK, an MIJ - I always thought the gold hardware was US but appearantly not all. the ebay add claims only 1000 were made?

It's an MIJ. A '95, I believe. It's a Limited Edition model. (They also made a matching Jaguar.) It was pretty pricey, even though I bought it used (though in mint condition). That was in the days before the AV JM/Jag reissues, and before eBay. It was pretty much the only JM I had seen in guitar stores - ever! I remember borrowing a friend's sixties JM back in '91 or so, and thinking it was a really cool guitar. He was willing to sell it for something like $500, but I was a poor college student and couldn't afford it. Damn!

Back to my JM. I think it's a better guitar than the regular MIJ/CIJ JMs. Actually, it's almost as good as the AV JM I played last week. You can see that the hardware is of a slighly better quality on the AV models, but the two guitars played equally nice and sounded equally nice. I like my JM a lot.

just curious, I bid for the heck of it, but I 'm not interested in it for what it will be going for. but it is a beauty.

Do you mean this one? eBay JM Yep, that's the same Jazzmaster as mine. And I think that's right about there being only a 1000 made. Like I said, it's a Limited Edition model. I also think it's a beaut, though DP's gorgeous new Jazzmaster has given it a run for its money!

Ivan

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

IvanP
Back to my JM. I think it's a better guitar than the regular MIJ/CIJ JMs. Actually, it's almost as good as the AV JM I played last week. You can see that the hardware is of a slighly better quality on the AV models, but the two guitars played equally nice and sounded equally nice. I like my JM a lot.
Do you mean this one? eBay JM Yep, that's the same Jazzmaster as mine. And I think that's right about there being only a 1000 made. Like I said, it's a Limited Edition model. I also think it's a beaut, though DP's gorgeous new Jazzmaster has given it a run for its money!

Ivan

thanks. I 'm in the market for a new guitar, but this one's going over the budget I had in mind, most likely. we'll see. upon looking again I see it has a case and SD pups, which should add considerably to what it's worth. might be not so bad after all. the thing is I 'm usually not to fond of gold hardware, or so i thought. but i like it on this one and also on my jazzguitar..hmm. plus it matches my wedding ring, which i think is GREAT argument to justify overspending the budget to my wife Laughing

5 hours to decide. oh well.

WR

Rules to live by #314:

IvanP
I also think it's a beaut, though DP's gorgeous new Jazzmaster has given it a run for its money!

Ivan

yup, that one absolutely rocks too!

WR

Rules to live by #314:

I don't have the all-inclusive pic (yet) but here's what I play:

93 MIJ Jag - Olympic White, Seymour Duncan Vintage for Jag pickups, 56-15
Vox Phantom IV - Black, new MOP pickguard with 3 Armstrong lipsticks
2005 Jagmaster - Sunburst, 24" scale, I replaced the volume&tone pots with push/pulls to tap either or both humbuckers - it makes it pretty reasonable for surf (also56-15)
1973 Rickebacker 330-12 - Fireglo (My baby!)
1964 Silvertone - Black, dolphin head, one lipstick - fantastic neck!
1987 Aria Pro II - Black

Ibanez Tube Screamer (original model)
Tube Works Blue Tube stereo tube preamp
Alesis Quadraverb (controlled by a MidiBuddy pedalboard)
Alesis 3630 Compressor
Fostex stereo spring reverb
Peavey Duece 2x12 Tube combo, stage left (Sacrilege, I know, but it's sturdy, inexpensive, clean and loud)
Peavey Classic Chorus 2x12, stage right (see previous)

I mostly play the Jaguar but also pull out just about everything except the Aria for surf. My amp setup is always stereo with one combo on each side of the stage. It really helps, especially for a trio. Once you go stereo, you'll never go back!

Here's my gear
65' Bassman AA864 (tubes I use JJ's)

2x12 Weber speakers 12F150T

65' reverb tank (tubes I use in reverb tank NOS), candy apple red MIJ 62' jag, 62' vintage jag

2002 62' reissue US Jag

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Kyle, I can't wait to see it in person. The days are counting down until the 'Verb and Verbtones gig.

I've said before that I'm not a huge fan of sunburst on guitars.
But your vintage 62 is in just amzingly beutiful shape Kyle.
Congrats. where/how did you come across that?

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Jeff(bigtikidude)

bigtikidude

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I think it''s a RI BTD, still in great shape for a 2002 Wink

I on the other hand only like sunburst if it looks like this, sorta rory gallaghar JM

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7416720333&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

WR

Rules to live by #314:

Jake, we are also doing the count dance, it's going to be a plast to have you guys down in July and august heck YEAH!! Very Happy

-Kyle

The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Hi Jeff thanks man the vintage 62' Jaguar I got back in 2002 from a private collector in Hollywierd,Ca.
through a friend that recomended this seller.
it's got it's dings but clean Very Happy

WR.
The Jaguar with the white pickgaurd in the red blood case pictured is the AV reissue
and the one pictured with the MIJ candy apple red Jaguar and bassman is the real Vintage 62' Jaguar.

-Kyle

The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

so heres my rig shot (minus red repeat):
and my gretsch which was absent when i took the rig shot:

holikujak
and my gretsch which was absent when i took the rig shot:

H-jack, is that one of those new electromatic gretsches? how do they sound? do the have that growling snappy sound of the 'unaffordable' gretsches.

If I 'm not istaken those are the DeArmond 2K pups - I had them ona DeArmond solidbody, but I didn't really like the sound of that one.

WR

Rules to live by #314:

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Next