Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
326 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
253 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
253 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
173 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
152 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
120 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
8 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Insect Surfers European Tour 2013

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

I really hope everyone is being sarcastic!!!! Shock

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Oh Brian, there this wonderfull German song "Ein bisschen Spass muss sein" by Roberto Blanco
and it means something like "there always has to be a bit of fun / then the world is full of sunshine / as well as we understand each other today / this is how it has to go on - there always has to be a bit of fun / then happiness comes naturally / therefore we sing day in and day out / there always has to be a bit of fun" Very Happy

as a tour goes to each one's limit this is the only way to survive Smile

@Insect members and temporary members

if you took some photos and have a flickr account, please add them to this group:

http://www.flickr.com/groups/2215114@N25/pool/

and there's the free-access facebook gallery of the insect surfers page

after a fantastic show at kradhalle in ulm on saturday and a looooong drive today to milano, we had a very... EMPTY show Smile great pizza though.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

HallmarkSweptWinger wrote:

It was really a pleasure to share the stage with the Insect Surfers! Everybody liked it a lot!
Great great musicians! Fantastic guitar work!
I also loved JonPaul watching and hearing bass playing! Perfect for my ears!
Lorenzo: Perfect surf drumming! Sounded like Ghoulash in a big wave. Very good!

The arrangements are more than regular Surf music. What I like a lot in the band is the humour on stage. Great funny showmanship by Dave for sure!!!
Very nice days here in Berlin. Thanks for coming!!!!!

...one question: Where is the Jazzmaster?

ralf do you mean the splendid white jazzmaster? i don't know what you talking about...

(www.surfmusic.net)

Having a mellow day off in Milano today. Walking around and gasping at the grandeur of the duomo. Having dinner at the Milwaukee 50's Diner! The show in Ulm was one of the very best on the whole tour! It was so wonderful to see all of the guys from The Space Rangers again in person and have a chance to experience their home base! Just about a week remaining. Starting to get sad that it has to end. Hoping to catch up on the blog tonight if we get back to the hotel at a reasonable hour! And, once again, I cannot express how great the world Surf family is--everywhere!!! We're all very fortunate to know one another!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Here you go Insect Dave Art

(www.surfmusic.net)

Check out the Facebook page for tons of new photos!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

i hate this comic, Dave Very Happy

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013 08:07:21

What a wonderful evening at the Kradhalle in Ulm, Germany with the Insect Surfers! Perfect sound and high energy performance, really great written and well played songs ("orion canyon" is my new favourite)... and it was great to see this guys after 3 years again... btw, the new album is fantastic.

You are awesome!!!

Last edited: Jul 16, 2013 13:01:24

Things are definitely winding down a bit. We just arrived to the beaches of the Adriatic Sea, where we finally have a chance for a breather and to rest and enjoy the sun, surf and sand! It's crazy hot, but there's a nice breeze coming off the sea. We've had a string of long driving days, so the fresh air is truly welcome. Starting to get sad that it all has to end in a few days!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

JONPAUL wrote:

Things are definitely winding down a bit. We just arrived to the beaches of the Adriatic Sea, where we finally have a chance for a breather and to rest and enjoy the sun, surf and sand! It's crazy hot, but there's a nice breeze coming off the sea. We've had a string of long driving days, so the fresh air is truly welcome. Starting to get sad that it all has to end in a few days!

Don't come back. Its terrible here. All the food is gross. The weather is shite. The traffic is soul crushing. The surf music crowds are smaller and less energetic.

Disclaimer: The above statements are not made in jest. I'm serious. I miss Europe!

But if you do come back, bring me some Cuban rum from Duty Free (something I totally forgot to do) ;)

Oh, and update your blog, slacker! Big Grin

Well, we're back home and recuperating from our incredible journey across Western Europe! It'll take some time to fully digest all of our amazing experiences, but a few initial SG101 related thanks are definitely in order right away!!!
Ginormous thanks and praise to Dave Arnson for having me be a part of such a wonderful music-making experience! I am truly proud to be an Insect Surfer and to have brought such a unique sound to Europe for the first time. Major kudos and thanks to Bernard Yin for being the consummate professional, learning so much material in such a short time and sharing so much tour wisdom with the rest of us newbies! It couldn't have possibly been as great without you! And really, the biggest thanks must go to The International Ambassador of Surf, Mr. Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini himself, without whom none of this could've happened in the first place! Deep thanks for having us over for the festival, for arranging the tour and for putting in an absolutely stellar job on the drums! We are all eternally grateful!
A HUGE shout out to those of the SG101/International Surf family that made it to a show, hung out and/or bands we were so very fortunate to play with!
SURFERJOEMUSIC
BLUEEYEDLAVA
THE ATLANTICS
THE APEMEN
SPEEDBALL JR
SURFER JOE AND HIS BOSS COMBO
THE TONOMATS
SPACEGUARDS
LES AGAMEMNONZ
THE MULLET MONSTER MAFIA
DAVE & THE PUSSIES
TONY DYNAMITE & THE SHOOTIN' BEAVERS
ALWARO NEGRO
DIABOLICO COUPE
THE PSYCHO SURFERS
SURFONIANI
LOS LAGOONAS
UKULELICS
FIRETONE
LOS VENTURAS
BOOST
PSYCHOGARDO
MOON_DAWG
JOSHEBOY
UNSTEADYFREDDIE
DJANGODEADMAN
NUMBER9
CLEPAK
PIRATO KETCHUP
FIFTY FOOT COMBO
NIELSJANSEN
THE PHANTOM FOUR
HALLMARKSWEPTWINGER
JAQUE_KILAUEA
THE KILAUEAS
BORIS BISFER ISRAEL
SIMONCOIL
THE WEST SAMOA SURFER LEAGUE
LOED
EVILDAN
JAZZMASTER
JAGUAR AND THE SAVANAS
JAGUAR

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013 19:31:53

Welcome home Boys!
Can't wait to hear all the details.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

You saw 50 Foot Combo???

Welcome back gang and congratulations on a successful tour! I love, love, love the new album!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian wrote:

You saw 50 Foot Combo???

! ! ! ! !

www.surfintheeye.com

Last edited: Jul 23, 2013 22:23:19

Welcome home!

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

I'll say it one more time: It was so much fun having you guys play over here.

Honestly, the day after the Bassy concert I was at a party with that friend of mine and we literally forced everybody there to listen to "Vaquita" on Spotify. And we copied all of Dave's dancing moves. Yes

Now get some rest, and then finish that blog!

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Thanks so much! It's a bit surreal to be back home now and there is a ton to do!!! Obviously keeping up with the blog in real time was virtually impossible, but my plan is to catch up with it anyways once I have time-- Hopefully as soon as possible once I get through a couple of immediate pressing deadlines.
No, we didn't see FFC live, but were fortunate enough to have Senor J and Matto present at the Kinky Star show in Ghent! Such great times!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next