Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
123 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Insect Surfers European Tour 2013

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

JONPAUL wrote:

We've arrived at Pacific Parc after an incredible day playing on the beach!!! Having some dinner and preparing to fully enjoy being on the same bill as The Phantom Four!! Amazing!!!

That would be a sweet show. It sucks because I was in Amsterdam airport for a few hours today. So close, yet so far!!!

Have an excellent gig!

It was great to see the first part of the Insect's show in Livorno and the 2nd part last Tuesday in Gent, Belgium. Great job guys!

@ Dave/Jonpaul, I wanna see those pictures from the late night meal: the fries with mayonnaise and 'stoofvlees', the 'berenpoot' and the 'curryworst XXL special'... yum yum ;)

Los Venturas
The Hydrosonics (RIP)

surferjoemusic wrote:

There are rumors that maybe the Insect gig at Bassy Club in Berlin will be together with the Kilaueas, the most stylish surf musicians around, as you know.

Rumors rumors... blablabla...

...ah, yes, Bassy Club! Yeeeeeeessss!!! We Kilaueas will be with you! Yippieeeeeehhh!!!!!

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

https://kilaueas.bandcamp.com/album/touch-my-alien

We had the most awesome backyard Berlin barbeque yesterday!! All of our German hosts have been incredibly welcoming and gracious! It was so cool to get a chance to hang with The legendary Kilaueas in such a setting! Looking forward to the next three days of Berlin shows!!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

keep it coming JP. i'm stuck in my summer daily grind until the convention in august and it's fun to fantasize being on the road with you guys.

www.surfintheeye.com

bigtikidude wrote:

Brian wrote:

Jonpaul has some cool blog entries up already:

http://insectsurferseuropeantour2013.blogspot.com/

Blog update please!

Thanks for the update

Jeff(bigtikidude)

JONPAUL wrote:

We had the most awesome backyard Berlin barbeque yesterday!! All of our German hosts have been incredibly welcoming and gracious! It was so cool to get a chance to hang with The legendary Kilaueas in such a setting! Looking forward to the next three days of Berlin shows!!

Yes this was really a nice welldone evening. It was great to meet you all!! A shame that i arrvied a little late.

Yes, Jaque, a shame that you arrived so late. AND the Jägermeister bottle you brought was a childrens bottle... it was the small one... When I order a Jägermeister I want to have the half liter bottle. Next time more Jägermeister please. And, yes, it was a very nice evening with many ugly strange people. Surfs up, Surf`s down.

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

HallmarkSweptWinger wrote:

Yes, Jaque, a shame that you arrived so late. AND the Jägermeister bottle you brought was a children`s bottle... it was the small one... When I order a Jägermeister I want to have the half liter bottle. Next time more Jägermeister please.

Yes you are absolutely right about the Jägermeister issue. I got to learn my lesson. Maybe you can spank me as usual during our rehearsal today with one of your 1 million guitars.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013 11:51:19

Continuing in Berlin...White Trash tonight and Bassy tomorrow with The Kilaueas!!!!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Jaque_Kilauea wrote:

HallmarkSweptWinger wrote:

Yes, Jaque, a shame that you arrived so late. AND the Jägermeister bottle you brought was a children`s bottle... it was the small one... When I order a Jägermeister I want to have the half liter bottle. Next time more Jägermeister please.

Yes you are absolutely right about the Jägermeister issue. I got to learn my lesson. Maybe you can spank me as usual during our rehearsal today with one of your 1 million guitars.

Silly, sexually deviant Germans.
Wink

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Continuing this tour with this people is horrible. Scary. If you also add Kilaueas to the bill it is a punishment. Plus: very little Jagermeister, Ralf has not brought me MY Jazzmaster yet, and Jonpaul breaks 2 strings of the bass at each show.

I wanna go home.

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

looking forward to see you guys tomorrow in Ulm!

here comes the WEST SAMOA SURFER LEAGUE

Last edited: Jul 12, 2013 05:59:30

surferjoemusic wrote:

Continuing this tour with this people is horrible. Scary. If you also add Kilaueas to the bill it is a punishment. Plus: very little Jagermeister, Ralf has not brought me MY Jazzmaster yet, and Jonpaul breaks 2 strings of the bass at each show.

I wanna go home.

Just wait until your American tour. We'll find new ways to make it even worse!!! Big Grin Twisted Evil

I wish someone was filming this tour documentary style.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Amen Brian

Jeff(bigtikidude)

yesterday great show at bassy club in berlin. incredible sound, tons of reverb! probably the best show up to now. on stage with the kilaueas.
i still think bassy is the best rock n roll club in berlin...

both bands were very elegant and stylish, dave wearing his leopard shoes and sparkle blue guitar and the rest of the band in black clothes. the kilaueas were also in black showcasing beautiful color guitars and ralf combing his hair several times during the performance. very important to be elegant when playing surf music.

unfortunately i did not play much, just a couple of songs.
but it's ok...

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

It was indeed a great show!

As planned I got to see two of the concerts by the Insect Surfers here in Berlin. On Wednesday there wasn't much of an audience unfortunately, although there was a pub crawling group of aproximately 100 people obstructing the bar for some time (some of them already had trouble to walk straight) and this "banking guy" who showed up late and kept yelling for more. But never the less the guys played with an energy as if the place had been packed! Hats off for that alone!

Yesterday there were more people and everybody was just having a real good time.

Anyway, thank you for coming to Berlin, it was nice to finally see you guys play live and have a litte chat with you. Have a nice tour!!!

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

Last edited: Jul 13, 2013 05:02:45

It was really a pleasure to share the stage with the Insect Surfers! Everybody liked it a lot!
Great great musicians! Fantastic guitar work!
I also loved JonPaul watching and hearing bass playing! Perfect for my ears!
Lorenzo: Perfect surf drumming! Sounded like Ghoulash in a big wave. Very good!

The arrangements are more than regular Surf music. What I like a lot in the band is the humour on stage. Great funny showmanship by Dave for sure!!!
Very nice days here in Berlin. Thanks for coming!!!!!

...one question: Where is the Jazzmaster?

Twang cheers!

Ralf Kilauea

www.kilaueas.de

How happy i am having left Berlin!
The last days were horrible.
I mean you fall asleep during their shows.
And then there's this annoying drummer all the time. Like he's the best of the world and able to play with every band. The audience was just bored. Three hours the same guy on his ugly drumset, what a waste of time!
I really fell asleep.

If it was only the shows... even during the day these guys are just annoying. No sense for culture, Jägermeister all day, spitting on the clean German streets. Bah!
How happy can you all be not to be here!

Btw, i took the Jazzmaster as a substitute for the last days. Fortunately i cannot play it, so i don't need to touch it.
My skin starts itching if i just think of who touched it!
Those touring guys who never take a shower or wash their clothes for weeks.
Happy that i could get out of this after few days.
You really don't want to have this videotaped.

Why the hell did i help organizing this tour...

;)
Hope the tour goes well and you guys find some sleep!
It's a pleasure having met you (again).
Hugs to the Kilaueas!
It's just great to see Lorenzo having so much fun with both of the bands!

See you all soon!

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next