Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Show Announcements »

Permalink Insect Surfers European Tour 2013

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next

Leave it to Jeffe to point out the negative. ; ) Yeah, Imm doing everything from my iPhone on the trip--sort of an experiment. So far, typos excluded, I'm really happy with everything. What an incredible experience so far...even just the first two days!!! Rehearsals with Lorenzo yesterday went very well and the whole band is truly eager to really bring the A game at every single show! The SJ stage went up yesterday, I know the Atlantics arrived and Josheboy got in late last night. It's really happening! Crazy! Can't wait for the first night tonight, to reunite with more Surf family and buy craploads of music!!!! : ) More blog soon...need Espresso!!!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Jonpaul, just read through the entire blog so far - THANK YOU for taking the time to do this! it's really great! While reading it a rush of memories of the Madeira Italian trip four years ago washed over me. I arrived on the Thursday before the festival, and those first few days in my memory are still absolutely magical. Yep, magical. Thanks for bringing those memories back, and thanks for making the effort with this. I know how quickly time flies when on the road in an exotic new place and how difficult it is to find the time to write a blog, especially while fighting jetlag. I'm sure many of us will appreciate greatly. Looking forward to reading the future posts, ESPECIALLY the ones about this weekend.

Have an AMAZING time tonight and the next two days! Give my best to your bandmates, Lorenzo, the Atlantics, as well as Larry "Moon Dawg" White, who will be in attendance!

(BTW, listened to Ingra Green on Spotify twice in the last couple of days - it's fantastic! Another classic Insect album! A sprawling epic that will take a bit of time to get to know, but I greatly look forward to it! Well done!)

Oh, and BTW, please tell Bernard that I remember seeing him play with Medicine in Washington, DC, in the old 9:30 Club around '93-'94! He was GREAT!

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

Last edited: Jun 21, 2013 08:31:58

JONPAUL wrote:

Leave it to Jeffe to point out the negative. ; ) Yeah, Imm doing everything from my iPhone on the trip--sort of an experiment. So far, typos excluded,

Hey I'm not being negative,
Just attentive.
It's done outta love,
Wink

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Another blog post! Good stuff Jonpaul!

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

The start up of the festival this year has been incredible! Tony Dynamite from Switz and Speedball JR from Belgium really did rock the house! It is now 2.43am and Andy from Los Venturas is still spinning vinyls...

At a first impression it is double people of last year friday.
Let's see what happen tomorrow...

Tomorrow we start at 4pm.

Lorenzo

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

great writing jonpaul
thanks

www.surfintheeye.com

surferjoemusic wrote:

An update to the tour schedule...

Now, let the real madness begin.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Brian wrote:

Jonpaul has some cool blog entries up already:

http://insectsurferseuropeantour2013.blogspot.com/

A bump for the blog link

Jeff(bigtikidude)

JONPAUL wrote:

I'm stoked to report that there will in fact be an active tour blog!!! Crazy thing is, I'm doing the whole thing directly from my iPhone!!! Gotta love modern technology!!!

http://insectsurferseuropeantour2013.blogspot.com

Six days without a new blog entry... The spirit is willing, but the flesh is weak, eh, Jonpaul? Twisted Evil We all eagerly await - c'mon, give us a little bit something!

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

Sorry guys! Wi-Fi was at a minimum for a couple days and we've been on the road. The photos an memories are ready, I just need to put in the time! We're sitting at Fat Joe's in Alessandria right now, just about to have dinner before the second show on the road. We're playing outside, the weather is nice and the crowd seems excited. Whoo!

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

Hey Jonpaul,
Please try to keep the blog going, for us armchair groupies. I figure you're just having too much fun to post.
Is your entourage still with you or did wives/girlfriends/friends go in other directions?
Ferenc

Buy Speed of Dark @ Bandcamp
Buy Spin the Bottle @ Bandcamp
My Blog- Euro Tour Blog
Pool Boys on Spotify
INSTAGRAM
Frankie & The Pool Boys on FB
Pollo Del Mar on FB
DJ Frankie Pool Boy on North Sea Surf Radio

When not in wifi area,
Couldn't you write it as an email draft on yer
Phone, then transfer it (copy n paste) to the blog
When you were in wifi area?
Just a thought.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

I think he will be able to update tonight... we did the second concert in Alessandria and it was very good. Getting tighter ever day! Tomorrow morning we leave for Switzerland, we finally move outside Italy!

Lorenzo

Lorenzo "Surfer Joe" Valdambrini
(www.surfmusic.net)

There is finally a new entry on the tour blog!

We're already waiting for you guys over here in Germany!

Los Apollos - cinematic surf music trio (Berlin)
"Postcards from the Scrapyard" Vol. 1, 2 & 3 NOW available on various platforms!
"Chaos at the Lobster Lounge" available as LP and download on Surf Cookie Records!

!!!

www.surfintheeye.com

simoncoil wrote:

There is finally a new entry on the tour blog!

We're already waiting for you guys over here in Germany!

All I can say is Headbang Cheers Headbang And congratulations!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Great read!
Especially the end.
Shock

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Wow - great recap Jonpaul. Your prose is totally engaging. Glad things are going well despite the steak attack :). The videos of you guys at Surfer Joe are great sounding. As Dave would say, Rocketh!

Rick

Rick

Thanks very much for the new entry, Jonpaul! Very interesting stuff - and sorry to hear about your incident - that must have been quite unpleasant!

Jonpaul wrote:

I can't believe how easy it's been to get so far behind in posting! So much has been going on every day, sometimes wi-fi is limited and we've been super tired by the time we get back to the hotel at the end of the night. Sometimes we're not even back until 3-4 o'clock or so.

Yep, that's always been my experience. It must help to have an iPhone, but when people asked me in the past to blog from our mini-tours, I always declined, since there's just no time - there's always something going on, and you're almost always on the go. Finding the time to write about what's happening is very difficult. I have no idea how Ferenc does it! He's really amazing at it.

Anyway, really no pressure about the blog entries, Jonpaul, but know that some us are following and enjoying them and looking forward to the next entry.

Good luck with the upcoming shows! And keep enjoying the Italian countryside. Here's hoping it's not scorching hot.

Ivan
The Madeira on Facebook

GRRRRRR
3 dates in Amsterdam & 3 dates in Berlin? Even 2 in Liege? Not one Ruhrgebied or eastern Netherlands.... Cry

Seems I going to Liege and get my tires slashed again...

www.alohasluts.com
Aloha Sluts on BandCamp
www.arnyzona.com (my photography)
Aloha Fest on facebook

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Next