Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
123 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » SurfGuitar101 Website »

Permalink Server problems again

Page 1 of 1

We crashed for a few hours today. In an almost repeat performance from last November we lost 1 of our 2 disks. Expect more outages over the near term until tech support can get me a new disk and I configure it.

Btw this is a good time to mention that the operating system on the server is reaching end of support and I should upgrade it. Rather than take the whole site down and fool around for what could be many hours to days, I'll probably rent a second sever so I can take my time and get it setup just like this one. Then we'll switch over to the new one. We did this a few years ago. So thanks for your donations, I'll be able to rent a 2nd server for a month or two during the transition.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Wow that was fun. Hooray for keystone cops style server hosting and miscommunications!

We are limping along again on 1 drive. I need to rebuild the RAID, so expect a few more outages after I get home from work.

Welcome back you(SG101) magnificent bastard!

AHHHHHH!!! It's like trying to live without food and water!!! Wink
Sorry you're having to deal with all this, Brian.

Insect Surfers
The Tikiyaki Orchestra
The Scimitars
Lords Of Atlantis
Fiberglass Jungle - Surf Radio

There has been an alarmingly large hole in my life in these past 24 hours. Does that mean I really should get a life??? I do enjoy the one I have right now, though, even if it's possibly excessively tied to this particular website.... Smile

Ivan
Lords of Atlantis on Facebook
The Madeira Official Website
The Madeira on Facebook
The Blair-Pongracic Band on Facebook
The Space Cossacks on Facebook
The Madeira Channel on YouTube

ugh I work in the IT industry, and I'm too aware of hard disk failures. Thankfully RAID is helpful in these circumstances.

IvanP wrote:

There has been an alarmingly large hole in my life in these past 24 hours. Does that mean I really should get a life??? I do enjoy the one I have right now, though, even if it's possibly excessively tied to this particular website.... Smile

I know! I found myself checking the page a lot to see if it was back up.

And I had thought it was my lousy work computer !

servers rule the world

original compositions (low-level demo stuff /out of tune, etc) myStuff not my best, but i don't like to be in a musician community without anything to show

Yes, the outage was a gleaming eye opener to me that this site occupies entirely too much of my social time.

THE KBK ... This is the last known signal. We offer Sanctuary.

www.thekbk.com
http://www.deepeddy.net/artists/thekbk/
www.reverbnation.com/thekbk
www.facebook.com/thekbkal

I thought It was my I phone or bad router at home too .I didn't stay up as late last night though Big Grin You are not alone Ivan . Thanks for all the great work Brian !

JakeDobner wrote:

IvanP wrote:

I know! I found myself checking the page a lot to see if it was back up.

Ah. Many of you got messages elsewhere from an overly attached no-lifer. That was fun, I thought perhaps the site was deleted or something along those lines.

I was up past 1:00 on a school night checking the site and contacting forum members. I should take a step back and focus more on my health, education, and mental well being...

But why would I want to do that.

IMO.

The old saying rings true: You never truly know what you have until its gone.

No SG101 lead to some serious withdrawals! I spent the evening offline. OH THE HORROR!!!

That was fixed way faster than I expected. A testament to the genius running this place no doubt. It went down right as I was going to post a little account of the Tmen tour in SoCal, so I had to sit on it until just now. It's true what everyone says, it's hard not to have SG101 around.

Danny Snyder

Latest project - Now That's What I Call SURF
_
"With great reverb comes great responsibility" - Uncle Leo

I'm back playing keys and guitar with Combo Tezeta

Thanks for the support. It was pretty stressful for me and I didn't sleep very well last night. Smile

I'm happy to report the disk maintenance is over and hopefully we are good to go for (at least!!) another year.

The best way to receive updates when things like this happen is to bookmark the SG101 Twitter Feed. I don't tweet that often, so if you are a Twitter user, you can have it text you when I tweet.

WOW, quick work! Thanks Brian!!!
SG101!

Mike
http://www.youtube.com/morphballio

good thing I don't sit on a computer all day for work,
and constantly check in on the site.
Lately I probably get on 1 to 3 times a week.

Jeff(bigtikidude)

Page 1 of 1