Shoutbox

sysmalakian: Birthday month starts now!
362 days ago

diceophonic: Vampiro Classics 2024 reissue
343 days ago

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
301 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
228 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
228 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
148 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
127 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
95 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
88 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
49 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

100%

100%

Donate Now

Cake March Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Music Reviews »

Permalink The High Fidelics Interview by Noel

Page 1 of 1

The High Fidelics Interview by Noel

The High Fidelics are Edwin Cleverdon, Ken Adams, Jeff Waites, Robert Huffman, and are from Birmingham, Alabama.

Noel: I suppose the simplest way to start is for you to introduce yourself and the other members of The High Fidelics. If everyone wants to provide a little background to get things started that would be terrific. Then I'll be able to start asking more interesting questions. For example, to help with the introductions, who plays what? How long have you known each other? Does anyone have a favorite story about how you each met? (I know some guys who used to be brothers-in-law. Don't have to be THAT interesting.)

Edwin: This sounds like a great place to start. Also, we have just updated our band bio on the facebook page. I play guitar. I'm basically a Strat guy, but I also use an odd Teisco/Kingston Jazzmaster/SG hybrid. Jeff Waites plays bass. We met in 2009 through a Craigslist ad Jeff posted. I brought in Ken Adams on drums and Robert “Rowbear” Huffman on organ (Korg CX3 & BX3) -- I have known them since 1984, when we played together in a few bands in college (University of Alabama), most notably a regionally popular pre-post-rock band Club Wig (c.1984-1987). On a related note, Rowbear played keyboards for a short while with The Penetrators.

We are a bit older than the standard rock demographic (we hover around 50). By day we have a variety of jobs. I am a tax attorney. Jeff is a painter/handyman. Ken is a computer systems analyst. Rowbear is a USDA inspector. Jeff and Ken each play in several other bands, and Rowbear has a sideline as a solo singer/guitarist performing The Great American Songbook.

Robert: Just to add a little to what Edwin said, while I was in the Penetrators I played a beautiful Farfisa Combo Compact and I was known as Bobby Corvair. When we played at the Clarkston Surf Fest this past June this guy from The Surge came up to me and said, "Hey, Bobby Corvair!"...that was the first time that had happened since the mid 90's. Now I play a Korg BX3...dreaming of a Nord C2.

Jeff: My day work is home improvement, very little roofing, a lot of painting and drywall. I work the door at a local club on occasion.

I played a Schecter Hellcat VI on most of our record. It's a short scale six string bass, recently stolen when someone kicked my door in, so sad to say I only ever have 4 strings now, which changes what I have to do on some songs, and doesn't always sound right. I use an Ibanez TR, and Edwin's Squire Jaguar bass, and like them both a lot.

We met in late 2009 when Edwin and Lars Espensen answered a Craigslist ad I posted trying to put together a surf band. On the phone Lars said to me, "I probably know all those songs you're doing". Being that I planned on doing mostly originals, and that he was the first to call, I knew this couldn't be true. But he had played saxophone with several bands, including the A-Bones, and sounded like he knew what he was talking about.

Edwin had a really positive vibe, and I figured we could work together if he could play. He had some good riffs, and shared some demos, several of which we have learned. So we began before the holidays with no drummer.

Ken came on board next, a solid rock drummer, who writes and plays other instruments as well. In mid-2010 Lars, who lives way down in Coker, bailed. So we brought in Robert on the organ.

Noel: I've got the band bio. https://www.facebook.com/pages/The-High-Fidelics/232563456776169?sk=info Thanks. Here's some more questions. And, at some point I'm gonna ask each of you about musical influences, favorite bands, how long each one of you has played. Who are your inspirations and so on. but for now ...

Noel: Why do The High Fidelics play surf/instro? How did this get decided?

Edwin: This was basically the idea at the beginning -- Jeff put an ad in the local craigslist to start a surf/instro band, and I answered it because he was interested in playing in a band that was not vocal-centric. Ken and Rowbear were recruited with the understanding that the band would be predominantly instrumental. At one point early in our rehearsals we tried a couple of vocal numbers, but they didn't feel right for this outfit. The only real vocalizing we do at this point is limited to singing "ahh" off-mic during the last verse of Telstar.

Robert: We also all shout "Boat Show!" several times on the song written by our drummer Ken Adams. The song is entitled, oddly enough, Boat Show.

Jeff: We just want to concentrate on the playing in this band, to create instrumental conversations that can work for many different stories. People can decide what the songs are about for themselves. And we can play anytime, almost anywhere, without a P.A.

Noel: There are quite a few new surf/instro bands popping up all over the world right now. Do you have an opinion about that? And why now?

Edwin: One theory is that bands have run out of ways to sing about love and heartbreak, but they already bought the guitars and drums:) But seriously, there are so many bands popping up every day, these bands need to have some element to their sound that will stand out, and this is more and more showing up as an emphasis on the melody and instrumentation, and less on lyrical development. This is certainly more evident at live venues, where the lyrics and vocal line tend to get swamped by the volume of the instruments.

Robert: It's a great thing to be in a surf/instrumental band! It's really fun and challenging. Although, somehow it seems to take more practice and rehearsal time to pull it off. But when you do, it's really satisfying and people often think that you are a better musician than you really are. What's not to like about it? Also, depending on where you're from you can put a lot of local and distant elements into the songs. We like to mess around with putting R&B and jazz elements into our songs, but also some blues and country and exotica elements as well. We also have a real punk rocker (Jeff Waites) in the group so he brings a lot of that aesthetic into the songs.

Edwin has said to me several times that he is very happy that we don't need a PA system in order to play. I have to agree with that sentiment 100%. Also, it is a lot of fun to name a new instrumental song because it can be anything mundane or meaningful. I personally like to pick cocktail names as the names of songs but that's another story for another day.

Jeff: I really am happy to see all these instrumental bands, not just surf either. Though I find many bands have too much of a big rhythm wall, and lack in the melody department. We make sure that is never the case. And I don't know why now, or why the South Eastern US has helped to spawn it. Maybe just because surf is the coolest music. On Robert's "story for another day", I tend to come up with troublesome titles based on worry, strife, pain and danger. They are all true stories. I like the variety surf rock comes in, and know that the original surf bands had progressive elements, and would all go on to use all the effects of the psychedelic period and beyond. My bands pretty much stick with traditional sounds, and I always push for that. I like to add flavors, but make sure things don't stray too far from rock'n'roll and surf. If something sounds like whatever you want it to at the time, or just whatever most naturally comes out of you, the songs risk not fitting into a genre anymore. I may still like it, but it might really not be surf.

Noel: Lot of kids doing it too. Do you have a take on that?

Robert: They probably don't like the idea of lugging around a PA system anymore than we do. Anyway what's better than being in a surf/instrumental band when you're young?

Jeff: Are they into surf, or just instrumental rock? Does it matter? Is just any instrumental rock surf? Now I understand and enjoy my friends' bands which have become a more punk without vocals than surf on a lot of songs, but they do make sure and dip back into the surf sound on some songs. The High Fidelics don't only play surf, in fact Lars, saxophonist from The Original Shake Charmers likes to call us progressive "rock", THAT old knuckle-dragger. We all love that kids are getting into it. Two of the Shake Charmers ARE kids compared to Lars and myself, in their twenties. The High Fidelics and so far my latest un-named band are both made up of gentlemen of a certain age. Look at Dick Dale, he's been one who kept it going for all these years. All the old guys are inspirational.

Noel: Do you have fan base that goes to your shows? Are they kids or older folks who remember surf from the old days? A mix?

Edwin: We are still developing a fan base. We play very little trad surf, so anybody who expects to hear "Wipeout" will be sorely disappointed. We
have gotten great responses from college-aged kids, but you've got to remember that in Alabama football is king, and every day is gameday, so bands generally have a tough time developing a consistent audience.

Robert: It really helps that we are older and have a lot of experience playing to audiences large and small. We try to have a sense of humor about it when the audience is small. We all have stories of driving 10 hours to play for the bartender and his girlfriend...we have been at this for a long time!

Jeff: A mix. But we hardly get any surf rock fans from the old days in Birmingham, we just pick up new fans when they hear us, probably mostly not even sure what genre it is, and then the fans of other surf bands, mostly younger people seem to like us. The older people know it's old school rock'nroll. We play as if we were The Shadows or The Ventures, like a lot of traditional surf bands, with minimal props, and just a couple of moves here and there. If you need to feel that you are at a haunted house to enjoy yourself, or are at war with or having sex with mystical creatures, or need to feel intense speed on every song, you will probably be bored with any of my bands. But these are legitimate gimmicks, and all is fair in entertainment. I just like to point out that we are first and foremost musicians. Our stunning good looks are secondary, love us for the songs.

Noel: Do you remember the first rock record you ever heard? What was it? Do you remember your reaction to it?

Edwin: I loved the Osmonds and Jackson 5 cartoons in the 60s, and my older brother and sister were into the Beatles, but really the first time I listened to rock was when Frampton Comes Alive came out. Opened up a whole new world for this boy from LA (lower Alabama). Soon started listening to Pink Floyd, Be Bop Deluxe, Yes, King Crimson....

Robert: Well growing up in the 1960's it was probably The Beatles or Elvis Presley. I frankly don't remember but my family always had a radio playing or a television on so it was probably really early on. The Beatles were a real hit in our house. I seem to remember my brother and sister and I really going crazy when we heard them.

Jeff: Of course not. But I remember records that moved me early on, left lasting impressions on me. We played Elvis records at our house when I was really young. In the late 60's Ray Charles became one of my dad's favorites, and he always loved Hank Williams. They certainly influenced Rock&Roll. My mom loved Roy Orbison and The Platters and other romantic pop music. And we all just listened to what was on our favorite A.M. radio stations. I won a record from W.S.G.N. when I was out sick from school when I was 7. It had a lot of great songs on it, including

Noel: Do you still have the first record you ever bought? What is it?

Edwin: First "record" was Frampton Comes Alive on 8-track. No, I don't have it. I shed my LP collection in 1993

Robert: No, it was "Maybe Tomorrow" by the Jackson 5. As a child during the 60's living in Indianapolis everyone had to have a Jackson 5 record.

Jeff: Yes, I still have it. Once we went to K-Mart and my dad said my younger brother and I could pick out one record each. This was the first time we could pick out our own music. I was 6 years old. I flipped through many records on the long rack before I found the Savoy Brown LP I wanted, but my dad asked (insisted), wouldn't I like to check out a record with more than just one artist on it, and I could pick favorites from that for later purchases. So, since it was really just the cover that attracted me to it, I figured Dad must be right I went and got a compilation I think was called, "Top Hits Of Right Now", but I haven't been able to find that online, and won't be at my house for a few days to look.

Ken: I remember buying two singles (45s) at once as my first record purchase: "Bad Bad Leroy Brown" (Jim Croce) and "Right Place Wrong Time" (Dr. John). Since I still like both songs, I think I had pretty good taste back then. My first LP purchase was Kiss "Rock and Roll Over". I was an adjunct member of the Kiss Army, you see.

Noel: What was your first musical instrument? Did you get serious immediately or did it take a while for you to develop a desire to become a musician?

Edwin: My mom taught piano when I was a kid, and she tried in vain to teach me. At some point my sister got a classical guitar, which I commandeered when she abandoned it. when I was about 14.,

Robert: I didn't start playing music until my early 20's. My first musical instrument was some pots and pans and chopsticks that my roomate and I used to make recordings with. We had a group called The Pie Men in Tuscaloosa, AL. I didn't learn to play the guitar until a couple years after performing professionally. I tuned the guitar to open E and just barred the strings to make chords for my first group Club Wig. It really wasn't until my third group that I actually learned how to play conventional chords. On the organ, I played in a group called the High Beams where we had this poet who recited poems to a drum machine accompanied by two farfisa organs. I then used the farfisa organs to play with a group called The Irascibles in Tuscaloosa, AL.

Then I joined the Penetrators on organ for a few months and performed as "Bobby Corvair" with them. The organ is not my first instrument so I don't really feel like I know it. I have to stay somewhat sober whenever The High Fidelics play...just to be able to keep my end up.

Jeff: Drums. When I was 5 my dad was going to school at the University of Alabama, so my mom's brother got me a kid's drum set with a big Auburn tiger on the head of the kick drum. It was a noisy, annoying gift, a joke. I imagine my dad made sure they were torn apart before too long, but it could have been me. I also imagine I did on drums what most 5 year olds would.

When I was 13 I heard local guitar wiz Ben Trechsel's band playing at a party up the street, and asked my parents for a guitar, and got a Yamaha G-55 classical, played by and endorsed Dolly Parton. It took me several months to "get serious" (not sure I ever have gotten serious enough), and take lessons from a girl named Renee' at elementary school. I had the desire but not the discipline when I was 13. I still have that guitar. Months later Ben sold me an electric guitar, which I later sold.

Ken: My first instrument was the oboe, which I wanted to play in the 4th grade band, for some reason. I soon bailed on that. I started playing the drums in the school band when I was 11 and have been playing ever since. I had no serious ambition to be a drummer at the time; it was just that my best friends were already in the drum section and I wanted to hang out with them.

Noel: Did you take formal lessons, did a friend teach you or did you learn to play on your own?

Edwin: When I started playing guitar my folks insisted I take lessons. I started out with basic lessons at the local music store, which gave me a good starting point. I took classical guitar lessons with a teacher at the local university. and continued with lessons when I went to the university. Unfortunately I was not very diligent with practicing.

Robert: Learned everything on my own at my own pace.

Jeff: There were the initial lessons in 7th grade I mentioned, and then when I was 15 I took a few lessons at Archer guitar school, and when I was 16 my dad had a client who gave me 3 lessons to help pay his legal bill. Then I played tenor sax in my high school marching and concert band. I credit that experience with helping me develop the discipline to become a much better musician than I was before, and dependable band member.

Ken: I took drum lessons from 11 to 13 or so. My drum teacher taught me the basics about playing and reading music; he also sold me my first drum kit. Past that point, I learned mostly from listening to Led Zeppelin records.

Noel: Who most influenced you musically as you grew up?

Edwin: Definitely my folks. My Dad is an artist, and my Mom is a pianist and poet, so they greatly encouraged my musical activity. There was also a high school friend who played guitar who was interested not only in starting a band, but in starting a band that had good musicianship and a good aesthetic.

Robert: No one influenced me musically until I started to play music; although, I really admired a lot of musicians and I really enjoy listening to music of all kinds from all over the world.

Jeff: Oh hell, that's tough. Directly, my dad's tastes will always be in there, being the one I would have been trying hardest to relate to and impress as a kid. I can't shake some of those early favorites. I would have to put Peter Townshend, John Entwistle and Jimmy Page very high on my list. The Ventures, who got some radio play in Birmingham when I was a kid, were always influential. Indirectly, certainly Dick Dale and Link Wray, whom I only later discovered and went crazy for, influenced the guitar sounds I have always loved. Muddy Waters and Chuck Berry definitely helped inform the way I play directly and through those mentioned above.

Ken: As a drummer, the English hard rock players like John Bonham and Keith Moon influenced me the most, to the point where I can't remove their influence from my playing, try as I might.

Noel: Who most inspires you musically now?

Edwin: Definitely my kids. My son Hamilton studied music composition at a local liberal arts college, and has written soundtracks for plays, films, and video games with collaborators all over the world. My son Elliot studied piano performance at the local university in Birmingham and currently teaches piano locally. My daughter Josephine is a percussionist with her Junior High band, and she studies voice with a local vocal coach. I have to keep on my toes to maintain my position as patriarch of such a musical family!

Robert: The other members of The High Fidelics are my main influences right now. I don't feel that I really know how to play the organ so I try to follow what their instructions on each song and I have to practice my parts pretty often to keep up with them. I'm lucky they are so patient with me.

Jeff: Link Wray

Ken: My favorite drummer of all time is Tony Williams, the jazz player, and I listen to his recordings often to inspire me.

Noel: How would you describe your sound?

Robert: This girl at a show described us as "retro fresh" which we have really taken to heart. We sound a little surf because of the guitar work of Edwin Cleverdon which is the retro part of it, but then there is the punk aesthetic of our bass player Jeff Waites who writes a lot of our songs and always has input on the way we sound, and then there is our drummer, Ken Adams, who I believe is one of the strongest drummers that I have ever heard. He gives us our volume and yet he is so tasteful in creating the drum arrangements and the overall aesthetics of the group. We rehearse a lot and we discuss the arrangements over and over until they sound inevitable. We are very democratic in the way we approach music, which is because we like and respect each other's opinions and tastes. If that weren't the case then we would be a completely different sort of band. Basically we are men of a certain age who get together each week to rehearse and have a few drinks and laughs. I used to like to say that we are more like a bowling team than an artistic group, but that really is not true...just me trying to crack wise.

Jeff: My personal sound is primarily rock'n'roll, surf, old school and hardcore punk rock inspired

Noel: Are there any bands or individual musicians that have or currently inspire or inform your music?

Robert: Yes, really too numerous to mention, but let me mention some right now: The Ventures, The Monks, Booker T and The MG's, Jon & The Niteriders, Davie Allan & The Arrows, The Meters, The Tornadoes, The Shadows, The Penetrators, Man or Astroman? etc.. Recently Brad Bigelow of spaceagepop.com told me that we remind him of Stereophonic Space Sounds Unlimited which,at the time, I had never heard of but which I have since become a great fan of. I also really enjoy Los Straightjackets and The Aqua Lads, not to mention The Madiera and I really love Daikaiju as well. As for inspiration I get that from my wife and my bandmates and getting to know the great bands that we have played shows with over the years.

Jeff: Link Wray, Dick Dale, The Ventures, Led Zeppelin, The Who, Jack Bruce, Elvis Costello and the Attractions, especially Bruce Thomas, Dead Kennedys and X.

Noel: Where are you trying to fit in to the bandscape right now?

Robert: Well it's hard to say...ideally we would be right in the middle of the great bands above, but we are still on our way, so to speak. Suffice it to say that one of the great thrills of playing the organ in The High Fidelics comes when we play a set for people who haven't seen us and we impress them with our music. That's a sweet feeling!

Jeff: You mean within the band? I hold it down by keeping tight with the drummer, adding minimal, purposeful flourishes.

Noel: I wouldn't have heard of The High Fidelics if it weren't for Noah Holt, who thought I ought to know about you. How important are you finding social media to spreading the word?

Robert: We really owe so much to Noah Holt. What a sweetheart! He has been our greatest supporter over the last couple of years, recommending us to bookers etc. I don't know where we would be without him. I can't wait to hear the new Kill, Baby...Kill album that they are currently recording. As for social media, it's really important in order to get some buzz going for shows. The great recession has made playing out more difficult and made social media, especially Facebook, indespensible. There are a lot of people who don't want to be on Facebook but very few bands who opt out.

Jeff: Quite important.

Noel: Is your record going to be a download, on vinyl, a CD or some combination?

Robert: Hopefully some combination. People can currently download a copy of our album at http://thehighfidelics.bandcamp.com/, but getting the physical cd is going to take awhile. It's on the way! As for vinyl we might be open to doing something like that...right now we are not planning a vinyl release.

Jeff: CD and download. 

Noel: Is there an interesting or funny story you can tell about your current recording experience? Do you save the out-takes?

Robert: We don't save the outtakes, but we have made some amusing live recordings at the place where we rehearse...they're for our ears only! I'm sure Emanual Elinas, who mastered our recordings, could relate some great stories about how disorganized and flakey we are to work with but we made these recordings as a sort of demo that turned into (don't they always?) an album. I personally can't even remember recording my parts as final versions. I do, however, recall Edwin and Ken coming over to my house and recording/redoing their parts on certain songs. Also recording the handclaps and shouting on "Bad Jacket" was a lot of fun.

Jeff: Not really, unless a long, arduous process if funny or interesting. It has been most time and cost effective to overdub some tracks, but I prefer to do it all live when possible. The High Fidelics did a lot of overdubbing, and then all the instruments were put into their proper places, creating a consistent sound-scape. Even with all the dubs we made sure listeners can find each of us in our particular spot on all but 2 songs. On "Spy Smasher" and "Midnight Requisition" the drums and bass are heard on opposite speakers. I am also in the process of recording another yet un-named band, who's sound is also heavily surf influenced, and directly influenced by my other two bands. The other is The Original Shake Charmers, who will go into the studio at 10:00 A.M. January 14, 2013. I I will try to create if necessary, and pass on some funny anecdotes from that session.

I usually do save the out-takes, but they are just sitting on discs now, not sure what we may ever do with them.

Noel: Would you ever consider making a music video?

Robert: We have participated in a video contest and we are considering making a video for "Lil' Curfew Breaker." With the invention of smartphones videos of live performances are taking the place of traditional videos. That's ok I guess. At least people are more understanding about sound quality issues with live recordings...they're not really that much fun to watch though.

Jeff: Yes. The High Fidelics actually did participate in the Sidewalk Scramble music video project, though we had nothing to do with the theme of the video, and just did as we were told, except I did refuse to wear any of the hats or Hawaiian shirts offered. It is a creepy little story. I would like to make another in which we get to help come up with a concept. The High Fidelics are all inspired, creative people, and would like to do more in the way of visuals for sure. The best videos the Original Shake Charmers ever have may be the live ones shot at places like Egan's in Tuscaloosa. Our sax player, Lars Espensen's wife Sylvia has shot quite a few vids of us. But it would be nice to do a real one with any of my bands.

Noel: How are you doing the recording? Live from shows? Live in a studio? Laying down separate tracks?

Robert: We record the drums first and then we put our parts on separately. We have made some good recordings of live shows, but we have no plans to release any of them to the public.

Jeff: When getting serious it's always a combination of live studio recordings with some inevitable overdubs.

Noel: Do you have a particular sound in mind that you want the record to have?

Robert: Yes, I wanted the thing to sound like something on Little Steven's Underground Garage, i.e. with the lead instrument right up in your teeth so to speak and the bass being strong in the mix throughout. Jeff wasn't really going for that at first, but I believe that I prevailed in that point so I am really happy with the mixes...they sound like we sound.

Jeff: Yes. Garage. I now try to make each of my bands sound like the players are in a big room together, if possible, each instrument in its’ own spot, the same for most every song. Lot's of whirling reverb, and slap echo on snares, guitars, saxophones and subtly on bass at times.

Noel: Is there a musical theme or concept connecting the tunes on the record?

Jeff: I think we tried to use mostly what we think of as early 60's sounds in making the High Fidelics record; pre-psychedelic garage, surf. That isn't really a concept or theme is it?

Noel: When is it scheduled for release?

Robert: Any day now...seriously, just as soon as we can get CD Baby to print the thing it will be for sale to everyone.

Jeff: We finished in 2012, not sure when we get hard copies.

Ken: It came out in 2012.

Noel: What goals did you set for your latest record?

Robert: Considering that the album was recorded as a "demo" I would have to say that there were no goals set...we just wanted to make it as good as we could.

Jeff: To get a lot of gigs. It started out as a demo.

Noel: Do you think you achieved them?

Jeff: Not really, not to my satisfaction, yet.

Noel: How has it been received?

Robert: The album has been really well received, considering that the physical copies haven't come out yet. We have been played on numerous radio stations and podcasts, we have had it used in advertising and we hope that the physical copies will be reviewed by some publications.

Jeff: We have had a lot of compliments. It's been played on some podcasts. A lot of people seem to like it.

Noel: Is there a sample from it you'd like to include here?

Robert: Lil' Curfew Breaker.

Jeff: I would say let's hear track 1 - "Lil' Curfew Breaker". What do you guys think?

http://thehighfidelics.bandcamp.com/track/lil-curfew-breaker-2

Noel: What would you like to say about the new record for 2013?

Robert: We are planning to do the album at Sitori Sound Studio in Birmingham. It will probably sound even more awesome than our first album.

Noel: You're going to be performing at the 2013 Instro Summit. Congratulations. Any thoughts you'd like to share about that?

Robert: The Instro Summit is the premier gathering of surf/instrumental bands in this part of the world and The High Fidelics are very proud and pleased to be part of it. In addition to playing with The High Fidelics, I have gotten in a pick-up all star tribute to the Penetrators (my first surf group) so, needless to say, I am pretty stoked. It's going to be really wonderful to hear groups like The Aqua Lads and the Madiera and also to catch up with groups and people that we seldom see. This will be our first Instro Summit so we're really excited.

The High Fidelics on Facebook
https://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-High-Fidelics/232563456776169?fref=ts

The High Fidelics Facebook information page.
http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/The-High-Fidelics/232563456776169?sk=info

To order The High Fidelics CD on Bandcamp.
http://thehighfidelics.bandcamp.com/

To order from CD Baby
http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/thehighfidelics

On SG101
Edwin Cleverdon as ebrobston

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Last edited: Jan 24, 2013 22:26:22

Another great interview, Noel. Thanks for dropping in on these guys. Their band is absolutely fantastic, as is their debut record. We don't get to see or play with them enough, but it is always a joy when the stars aline.

THE KBK ... This is the last known signal. We offer Sanctuary.

www.thekbk.com
http://www.deepeddy.net/artists/thekbk/
www.reverbnation.com/thekbk
www.facebook.com/thekbkal

That picture is HUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Brian wrote:

That picture is HUUUUUUUUGGGGEEEE.

If you mean it's epic, I agree. If it's just too large, on my screen it fits nicely with no side-to-side scrolling.

I will try to fix the Javascript so that it scales huge photos on the first page load instead of only working on cached images. Not every browser handles this the same way though and people still have to wait for the first page load, so for this reason please don't post large photos.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

I want to thank The High Fidelics for all their work on this project. We started this interview on October 6, 2012. They were and are extremely busy and they all provided thoughtful and informative answers that reveal a lot about their love of music generally and surf music particularly. I'm very much looking forward to meeting everyone in person and seeing them play later this year.

This was the most enjoyable interview we have ever done. Thank you Noel for being so patient and thorough. Good times...RH

Last edited: Feb 04, 2013 23:26:33

One more note...today we got a shipment of cd's from the printer. In a few days you will be able to purchase them from cdbaby. That will be fun! RH

HighFidelics wrote:

This was the most enjoyable interview we have ever done. Thank you Noel for being so patient and thorough. Good times...RH

I enjoyed the experience trmendously. Thanks to all The High Fidelics for such great answers. I'll be ordering your CD after payday.

Page 1 of 1