Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
326 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
254 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
254 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
174 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
152 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
120 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
114 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
75 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
8 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
8 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink POST your Main Rig Pics

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 730 31 Next

Fripperton

Link to a bigger shot

http://www.guitarsandaudio.com/extras/vincegear/1962/1962b.jpg

that is probably my dream setup. the brown super with an outboard tank and a jazzmaster. i loooove those brown supers!! looks great.

Alexajazzmaster

JoshHeartless

Alexajazzmaster
Here' my 1962 bandmaster all original I just love this amp and the vibrato on the blonde era amps is just to die for I like it better then blackface vibrato

I also play and love my 1962 USA vintage Jazzmaster

what kind of cab is that? what size speakers/how many?

It's a stock 1962 2-12 Fender bandmaster speaker cab with the original C12N's

Joder tio! Si es que yo tengo uno del '63 con la grilla de color dorada!
g

Yes indeed....those are some cool pieces. I had a '63 blonde Bassman that was el-perfecto but it couldn't quite keep up with the hard hitting drummer and SVT powered bass player the early X-Rays had at the time. So for now the Bassman lives at Tommy Z's house.

Speaking of SVT's, as you might guess, I covered it blonde/oxblood too, so somewere in Indiana there is a Katcher Konkocktion that didn't make the infamous family portrait......ed

Traditional........speak softly and play through a big blonde amp. Did I mention that I still like big blonde amps?

This is not my Main Rig...it's my Rehearsal Rig......
It's not awl smooth and purdy like I wish it was.......
But there's 20,000 leagues of tone there......trust me.........

L7

Louie, that does look liek the ultimat erehersal gear, nice wear and tear. I am sure it sounds great!

Hey, that looks like the head that's now listed on the 'bay . . .

by Thunder, you're right !

DANG...... but that looks more like it was recovered with black tolex.

Mine's white tolex with black spray paint.

NO; I didn't do it. I didn't do that front loaded nonsense either....

But it sounds as pure as the wind driven surf............

yep.

L7

I couldn't help my self Embarassed
Jazzmaster aka "Birtha" J/K Laughing she's almost done Rock

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

there's been a slight update in my gear in the past week.

the only things that matter:

The Tremblors on Facebook!

The Tremblors on MySpace!

JoshHeartless
Is that the '62 reissue Strat? Drool
Joel

Thumbs Up

mighty cool. is that tweed tank laquered?

Rules to live by #314:
"When in Italy, if the menu says something's grilled, don't assume it is."

https://www.facebook.com/The-Malbehavers-286429584796173/

Joelman
JoshHeartlessIs that the '62 reissue Strat? Drool
Joel

No, its a 2003 60's classic player strat. its features are a bit different than the newer 2006 models. for instance, it has all 6 screws to hold in the tremolo, the maple on the neck is a bit darker(perhaps a bit of natural age) and the tuners go into the head further towards the tip. it still has a bone nut, '69 pickups, and every other feature as the newer ones.

and yes, that unit is laquered. i think its a weber box, because the guy selling it had other units for sale that were advertised saying they were weber boxes. plus, if you notice the front board screws in from the inside as apposed to the front. it also didnt come with the fender logo, and there are no srew holes indicating that there ever was.

The Tremblors on Facebook!

The Tremblors on MySpace!

The Thunderchiefs

Shaun now that's a perfect freakin' match Drool
I wanted to ask you I was listening to Comanche Moon, who's playing lead on that? Mike or you? and what guitar was used for lead? I love the pause towards the end and then the lead comes in with that killer vibrato kicked on man I just love that I do! I can tell it's a killer blackface vibrato Drool man that's my favorite feature on any old fender amp is it's vibrato circuit Drool

-Kyle

The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

diceophonic
I wanted to ask you I was listening to Comanche Moon, who's playing lead on that? Mike or you? and what guitar was used for lead? I love the pause towards the end and then the lead comes in with that killer vibrato kicked on man I just love that I do! I can tell it's a killer blackface vibrato Drool man that's my favorite feature on any old fender amp is it's vibrato circuit Drool

Thanks Kyle, that's me on that one,
with the JM and the Bandmaster.

I guess I should list who plays and sings what on that record for those interested.

I'll post the one sheet info in the Surf Music General Discussion forum.

The Thunderchiefs

krupanut

diceophonic

Thanks Kyle, that's me on that one,
with the JM and the Bandmaster.

I guess I should list who plays and sings what on that record for those interested.

I'll post the one sheet info in the Surf Music General Discussion forum.

Sweet Wink Are you using the Jazzmaster pictured above for that song? is it an AVRI or Vintage? what pickups do you have on your Jazzmaster?

-Kyle

The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

diceophonic
Sweet Wink Are you using the Jazzmaster pictured above for that song? is it an AVRI or Vintage? what pickups do you have on your Jazzmaster?

Thumbs Up Yes that's the rig I used on Comanche Moon. It's a stock 2002 AVRI.

The Thunderchiefs

Wow Shaun that's kick ass sounding Jazzmaster!!! even the pickups are AVRI? if they are! they are my new pals Worship I will put some of those AVRI pickups on my Jazzmaster project in a few weeks Rock

Man to my ears it sounds pretty dang close to vintage if I didn't know.

-Kyle

The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

JoshHeartless
it also didnt come with the fender logo, and there are no srew holes indicating that there ever was.

Josh,
If you're interested in putting your own personal touch on that tank, I might recommend going to your local junkyard or onto ebay, and picking up a "Swinger" logo from the old Dodge Darts. They look PERFECT on a tank - it would be the perfect addition to a "Franken-tank".

I've been flip-flopping on putting one onto my RI tank. It had one before I bought it (back when Rudy from the Nebulas owned it), but he took it off and put the Fender logo back on when he sold it to me.

~B~

Dodge also made a "Bumblebee" emblem for their late 60's and early 70's Super Bee models that might look cool too. It has a bee with an engine in its back and bumble bee stripes around the stinger end of the bee.

Ron (ToneBoy)
The Mariners (1964 to Present) www.myspace.com/themarinersfirstwave
Lonzo & Oscar (1999 to Present) www.lonzoandoscar.net
www.myspace.com/lonzoandoscarcomedy
Billy Henson & Summerstorm (2001 to Present)

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 6 730 31 Next