Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
322 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
250 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
250 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
170 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
148 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
110 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
71 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
4 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
4 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink POST your Main Rig Pics

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 630 31 Next

Louie7
..and I really treasure my 1965 Showman top......

L7 I haven't seen red plate JJ's in years when did you get them.
Current and a few years JJ line are blackplates, I dig on the red though Rock

-Kyle

Beyond The Surf YouTube channel
Beyond The Surf Instagram
The Verbtones @ Instagram
The Verbtones @ Facebook
The Verbtones @ bandcamp

It's not a fancy vintage fender bass amp, but I have to put up with a drummer that plays as loud as humanly possible, and a guitarist with the loudest 50W guitar amp ever made. That and I have to help fill the space of rhythm guitar. And this rig allows me to do such.

I am super sweet
www.myspace.com/thetremblors

Here' my 1962 bandmaster all original I just love this amp and the vibrato on the blonde era amps is just to die for I like it better then blackface vibrato

I also play and love my 1962 USA vintage Jazzmaster

diceophonic
dp that's one of my next buys is a 51' p-bass...I have seen the sting models around but I don't want his model with his name and don't get me wrong I dig the police and sting's early stuff.

dice:

I hear you...when I was searching around I saw quite a few "Sting" models as well as the "Butterscotch" yellow...the "Tobacco Burst" is somewhat rare...

keep looking, though, I do see them popping up on the ebay every now and again.

Just a quick note about the CIJ '51 re-issue Precision...back in the olden days (1984), I dated a young lady who had inherited an original 1951 P-Bass (and Bassman Amp) from her father...he played rock and roll and surf before heading off to med-school... that old bass had a unique feel and sound to it...best sounding and feeling bass I ever played!

when the re-issue arrived, I was blown away by the feeling of deja-vu...
the re-issues nail the vintage tone and the "feel" spectacularly...the CIJ is now my fave, simply because it sounds as good as any vintage instrument, but without the worrys (and price tag $$$)

good luck
-dp

ShaunNecro
imageIt's not a fancy vintage fender bass amp, but I have to put up with a drummer that plays as loud as humanly possible, and a guitarist with the loudest 50W guitar amp ever made. That and I have to help fill the space of rhythm guitar. And this rig allows me to do such.

ooo, i like it. it probably sounds really good...NOT! haha. seriously, though, it's cool.

The Tremblors on Facebook!

The Tremblors on MySpace!

GK is good stuff! i just talked my old bassist into grabbing one.

i really wish fender japan made that jag bass in a different color. if it came in a cobalt blue, i'd grab one in a heart beat. it's still an awesome, awesome sounding/playing/looking bass.

boyecho
GK is good stuff! i just talked my old bassist into grabbing one.

i really wish fender japan made that jag bass in a different color. if it came in a cobalt blue, i'd grab one in a heart beat. it's still an awesome, awesome sounding/playing/looking bass.

Actually, Fender Japan actually makes the Jaguar Bass in Olympic White, and Sunburst. But Fender isn't really letting a lot of those colors come to America, so you have to order it from Ishibashi. Although I would love to see it in Lake Placid Blue. And GK is a good brand as well. Josh Heartless is my guitarist, so he's probably gonna make fun of me.

I am super sweet
www.myspace.com/thetremblors

Has anyone ordered anything from Ishibashi? (sorry to side track) Iv been wanting to buy a left handed Jag from them but i havent had the guts to pull the trigger on one yet.

You laugh at me because I'm differnet, i laugh at you becuase you are all the same

Riptide
Has anyone ordered anything from Ishibashi? (sorry to side track) Iv been wanting to buy a left handed Jag from them but i havent had the guts to pull the trigger on one yet.

three guys i know ordered mosrites and mosrite juniors from koichi at ishibashi a few years back. the guitars arrived fine, everything went smoothly. another guy i know ordered a telecaster of sorts from them as well.

i've been looking at the japan jags and thinking, but it'd be near 900 bucks to get the color i want shipped here. i might as well go avri with that price. though i know you being a lefty is a different story.

Riptide

Off Topic Hey check out this ebay store:
http://stores.ebay.com/Stringnet-Japan

I havent bought anything from them but I know if you email them they will put up any guitar from Fender japan.

ShaunNecro
Josh Heartless is my guitarist, so he's probably gonna make fun of me.

I can't afford to NOT make fun of you. just marking my terretory.

Woah thanx Iron ill be emailing them shortly! ill contribute to the main rig thread once i have all my new gear =)

You laugh at me because I'm differnet, i laugh at you becuase you are all the same

I thought I read on another forum that Fender put the kibosh on Ishibashi selling directly to US customers. That's a shame, if true. I ordered a Tele from them a year or two ago without a hitch.

Alexajazzmaster
Here' my 1962 bandmaster all original I just love this amp and the vibrato on the blonde era amps is just to die for I like it better then blackface vibrato

what kind of cab is that? what size speakers/how many?

2 12's. I believe. You can kind of see the ring in the picture. Drop dead gorgeous amp!

www.myspace.com/vondrats
www.myspace.com/therobotssurfband

KYLE ~ ~

...that pic of my SHOWMAN was taken back in 2001...

I still have those red tubes, but perhaps this image (taken last week) will seem more up-to-date ? Very Happy

OH..and while I'm at it..... HERE is a picture of my '71 Sliverfaced Bassman AA371 with modded bias section. I noticed in the other thread about BASSMANS, that a lot of guys were saying they play mostly thru the bass channel. I can't get anything useful out of MY bass channel and the normal channel screams!

Plus too, when checking out the SF Bassman reviews at Harmony Central, most of them indicate that they prefer the normal channel as well and that they find (like me) that the bass channel is puny.

What's up with that ? (in your opinion) .... ?

JoshHeartless

Alexajazzmaster

what kind of cab is that? what size speakers/how many?

It's a stock 1962 2-12 Fender bandmaster speaker cab with the original C12N's

Alexajazzmaster

Alexajazzmaster

Wheres the Jazz?
Great amp btw!

IronMaiden

Alexajazzmaster

Alexajazzmaster

Wheres the Jazz?
Great amp btw!

Here she is, I bought her 5 years ago in the states

I just got the 62 Reverb Tank and the 62 Super back from the shop yesterday and decided to take them for a test drive with the 62 Jazzzmaster. The Tank is everything you could ask for. When teamed up with the Super's tremolo it's a thick gooey chunk of Surf Tone with a gorgeous deep slow pluse available in addition to some quicker settings that when combined with the Reverb give a great simulated echo delay. The 6G4-A circuit in the Super adds a nice mid boost and the JBL D110Fs are amazing. Now I gotta rethink my whole rig.

Link to a bigger shot

http://www.guitarsandaudio.com/extras/vincegear/1962/1962b.jpg

There is Surf east of Sepulveda.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2 3 4 5 630 31 Next