Photo of the Day
Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
328 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
256 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
256 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
176 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
154 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
122 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
116 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
77 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
10 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
10 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

56%

56%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Gear »

Permalink Tele clone makeover - should I do it?

Goto Page: Previous 1 2

Yes, it does have a route, and I'm having that done as part of the build of the guitar, because I would screw it up!

As I absolutely love the art deco and retro-futuristic looks associated with streamliner locomotives and the designs of Raymond Loewy and Virgil Exner, I think you have a great idea. There are so many cool shapes for covers, knobs, grills and trim pieces in design books about these styles the sources of inspiration are almost endless.

Have fun!

This is Noel. Reverb's at maximum an' I'm givin' 'er all she's got.

Yes, build (or "re") the Tele !! The Dread in Babylon design contribution is a cool one. My buddy put one of those pickguards that "curves up thru" the middle of the guitar (similar to a '64 SGjr.). This is perhaps the coolest Tele pick guard ever (IMO)...! They are called "Tele-hybrid" pickguards & can be seen & had @ www.warmoth.com/Pickguard/GuitarPickguards.aspx They come in lotsa' colors as well. Good Luck w/this !

I was planning to have another go yesterday but adverse circumstances (read St Patrick's Day hangover Big Grin ) prevented me from doing so.

Ariel, your design looks very interesting. I may draw some inspiration from that, but I want to retain an elliptic shape for the upper part.

Old punks never die... They just become surf rockers.

LeeVanCleef wrote:

Ariel, your design looks very interesting. I may draw some inspiration from that, but I want to retain an elliptic shape for the upper part.

It's for your taking I posted it. Yeah, on second look the upper S shaped curve is not working too well, a simple elliptical curve would be much cleaner and nicer. I'd also ditch the cutouts near the saddle, just overly messy IMO.

Goto Page: Previous 1 2