Shoutbox

SabedLeepski: Sunburn Surf Fest for some scorching hot surf music: https://sunb...
323 days ago

skeeter: I know a Polish sound guy.
251 days ago

skeeter: I know a Czech one too!
251 days ago

PatGall: Surfybear metal settings
171 days ago

Pyronauts: Happy Tanks-Kicking!
149 days ago

midwestsurfguy: Merry Christmas!
117 days ago

sysmalakian: HAPPY NEW YEAR!
111 days ago

SabedLeepski: Surfin‘ Europe, for surf (related) gigs and events in Europe Big Razz https://sunb...
72 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: I like big reverb and i cannot lie
5 days ago

SHADOWNIGHT5150: Bank accounts are a scam created by a shadow government
5 days ago

Please login or register to shout.

Current Polls

No polls at this time. Check out our past polls.

Current Contests

No contests at this time. Check out our past contests.

Donations

Help us meet our monthly goal:

31%

31%

Donate Now

Cake April Birthdays Cake
SG101 Banner

SurfGuitar101 Forums » Suggestion Box »

Permalink youtube dollars

Page 1 of 1

It's the 7th of march 2012 youtube grey day Argh and it's all about making more dollars isn't it.. So i'm thinking why not go with the flow.

Last time i looked you could earn $2.50 per 1000 hits. Admittedly the big hitters are usually a little of the sexy side or of extreme interest but i've seen first hand the possibility of earning $1400 within a short space of time with a single video upload.

Here's my suggestion: The musicians of SG101 sit down in front of a cam and play a tune slowly as a kind of tutorial. Uploaded to a dedicated youtube site, funds are used for what ever good causes.

Would it work? Judging by the low level of interest in these kind of videos in the past, only Ferenc and Slacktone Dave has showed some interest as far as i know. And with the legal stuff i don't understand, it probably has fail written all over it.

I'm not sure what you mean about grey day, but a few months ago YouTube informed me that my channel gets enough hits that I have the option of turning on ads and earning money. However my channel is 99.9% bands performing songs live, and I don't have the rights to the songs or an agreement with the bands, so I passed on the offer as I'm sure I'm not in strict accordance with their policies. But its definitely a good idea for the musicians on SG101 who are performing original songs.

Site dude - S3 Agent #202
Need help with the site? SG101 FAQ - Send me a private message - Email me

"It starts... when it begins" -- Ralf Kilauea

Page 1 of 1